Welsh learners meet up in Ireland - any interest?

Sorry I didn’t get this in the newsletter. I was on holiday last week when you were posting here, so there wasn’t a newsletter, and it’s too late now.

If you organise any other meetups, just tag me here and I’ll pop it in the newsletter as well. We have new people starting to learn with us all the time, so you never know when someone else in Ireland might appear :slight_smile:

Haia Deborah,

Roeddwn i’n gallu mynychu penwythnos diweddaf o’r bwtcamp. Oedd hi’n wych iawn achos roedd llawer i’w wneud felly mynd i’r dafarn, Gwyl Lllfryr Llambed yn digwydd yn Neuadd y dref,. mynd am tro o gwmpas yn Aberaeron , bwyta cinio blasus iawn yn Medina a wedyn mynd i’r sioe Y Mab Darogan yn Aberystwyth brysur iawn a wahanol hefyd.

I am thinking about getting some connection between Ireland and Wales around St.Patricks day as i will be in Ystrad Aeron I will get back if I have any news

Cofion gorau

Liam

1 Like

Gwych! Mae’n edrych fel ti wedi cael amser arbennig o dda. O’n i’n siomedig nag oedd yn bosib i fi fod yno, a dw i’n cytuno am Medina. Mae’r bwyd yn flasus iawn yno!

That’s a good idea about St Patricks Day! I don’t know if people generally realise the connections between St Patrick and Cymru that give us a connection going way back! There must be a way we can build on that.

Did you see the Dublin Male Voice Choir singing ‘Yma o Hyd’? I saw something about it in the news: Dublin's Welsh Male Voice Choir perform 'Yma o Hyd' – The Irish Times

Mae nhw’n gór rhagarol. Bydd ferri newydd yn dechrau ym Mis Rhagfyr o Rosslare Iwerrddon i Bilboa yn Gwlad y Basq. Dw i wedi gwneud rhedeg y tarw yn Irúna a ymwelais i Donostia.hefyd. It must be amazing for you to experience the basque language resurgence!

1 Like

Sin é, dwi’n dysgu’r wyddeleg a’r gymraeg! Tá i bhfad níos mó Gaeilge agam ná Breatnais , áfach…

Dw i’n byw yn Iwerddon a dw i’n siarad Gweddeleg
Rwan dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg. Mi fydd y Pan Celtic yn Carlow ym mis Ebrill. Does anyone know anything about it? Will there be welsh speakers there? Anyone from this group going? Dw i isio ymarfer siarad…

There will certainly be Welsh speaking performers and contributors there. I’ve never been to one myself, but have friends who have performed at them. Here’s the official website for anyone interested http://www.panceltic.ie/

Dia daoibh
Dwi’n byw yn Iwerddon, tá Gaeilge líofa agam. Dwi wedi bod yn dysgu Cymraeg am Ddwy flynedd. Liciwn I fynd , ach tá sé
i ró-fhada uaim.
le meas
Ailéin

1 Like

Helo Ailéin,

Os hofffech chi fynd i’r Eisteddfod eleni byddai yn mynd ar y ferri o Nulyn i Gaergybi a wedyn yn gyrru fy ngar ugain munud o Gaergybi i Faes yr Eisteddfod. Croeso i ti mynd gyda fi yn y car. Dw i’n mynd hefyd i Wyl Pan Celtaidd sy’n digwydd yn Sir Carlow ym Mis Ebrill bydd llawer o siaradwyr Cymraeg yn aros dros y penwythnos achos mae Nos Cymraeg bob blwydyn yn dathlu diwylliant Cymru.

1 Like

S’mae pawb, just a friendly reminder, please could you provide an English translation if you post more than just the basics in Welsh (or Irish!) - it’s really fantastic to see that you’re using your Cymraeg (a Gwyddeleg!), but it’s so important not to make those less used to Welsh feel that they’re out of their depth, and also so that they don’t miss anything they’d like to be part of.
Diolch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Siaron, Can’t say I agree with you at all but if they are the rules I will abide by them. I admire your own Welsh language journey and moving to Caernarfon for a life lived though Welsh. I have moved to a strongly Irish speaking area as I was ideologically motivated to do so I guess like you.
I will finish with this what I strongly believe unapologetically - Siaradwch Cymraeg yn unig yng Nghryru! . That is speak only Welsh in Wales

1 Like

Diolch Liam. I know it seems counterintuitive, and I totally understand what you mean, but please see Aran’s pinned post here Forum rules - Welsh

1 Like

Dw i’n mynd i’r wyl panceltig eleni ac hoffwn i gwrdd siaradwyr a dysgwyr Cymraeg eraill yno! I’m going to the Celtic Festival this year and would love to meet other Welsh speakers and learners there

2 Likes

S’mae Liam, Siaron
Diolch Liam, syniad yn dda iawn. Rhaid i mi mheddwl amdani. Bheadh sé go hiontach seans a fháil labhairt le cainteoirí eile. Beidh le feiceáil.
Great idea, ill think about it, it would wonderful to get a chance to speak with other’s. We’ll see :grinning:.
Le meas
Ailéin

2 Likes

Da iawn Di.Mae’r Wyl yn ffantastig yn cwrdd a phobl o’r Wladodd Celtaidd eraill. Byddaf yno o dydd Gwener i dydd Sul dw i’n meddwl. Gobeithio wela i chi yn Sir Carlow

Very good Di. The festival is fantastic meeting people from the other Celtic countries. I will be there Friday to Sunday I think. Hope to see you in County Carlow.

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Liam. Have you been to the festival before?

Helo Pawb,

Unfortunately I don’t live in Iwerddon or Cymru, but I did watch the first episode of the new series of Bois y Pizza on Monday and they were in Cork. And there was a Cymraeg speaking group in the Sin é pub. Don’t know how regularly they meet, but it looked fun!

Diolch!
Kevin

2 Likes

Smae Kevin
Diolch yn fawr, mae hi’n yn ddiddorol iawn.
Diolch

Haia Alan,

Wyt ti’n dod o Iwerddon hefyd? Mae o leiaf 19 o bobl yn Iwerddon sy’n gallu siarad Gwyddeleg ac yn dysgu Cymraeg. Rwy’n edrych ymlaen at wylio’r rygbi dydd Sadwrn byddaf yn canu Hen Wlad fy Nhadau.

Hi Alan,

Are you from Ireland too? There are at least 19 people in Ireland that speak Irish and are learning Welsh. I will be watching the rugby game on Saturday and singing Hen Wlad fy Nhadau:). .

Ydw, Dw i wedi bod ddwywaith. LLawer o gyfleoedd i siarad Cymraeg.Is breá liom a bheith ag bualadh le daoine ó tíortha eile ann mar tá muid sa mbád chéana ag labhairt teanga mionlaigh go bródúil.

Yes, I have been twice. There are lots of opportunities to speak Welsh.
I love to meet people from other Celtic countries as we are in the same boat proudly speaking a minority language.

1 Like