Welsh Language TV/Film DVDs

I am a ‘Say Something in Welsh’ learner living in England. My birthday is coming up in June and I am being nagged for a birthday list. I have tried so far in vain to find an Y Gwyll (Hinterland) DVD in the Welsh with English subtitles that is available to buy online so if anyone could direct me to a site I would really appreciate it. I was also wondering if anyone can recommend any other good Welsh language TV/Film (with English subtitles) that is available to buy online.

Diolch!

2 Likes

http://www.siopypethe.cymru/sioponline/y-gwyll-cyfres-2.html

My local Welsh shop sell ‘Y Gwyll’ DVDs. They’ve got Series 2 on their website and I’m sure I’ve seen Series 1 in the shop too.

Give them a call on 01970 617120, tell them Nicky sent you and they will sort you out :smiley:

Nicky

2 Likes

I have mentioned elsewhere that I’ll be on a round trip through Wales with my wife this summer, and although I don’t know the exact route yet, I am quite sure that we’ll be in Aberystwyth at one point. I’ll definitely keep Siop y Pethe in mind to shop for some Welsh things to take home! Diolch yn fawr iawn for that tip, Nicky!

2 Likes

@zoesmith I just got the second series DVDs of Y Gwyll from Siop Cwlwm, although it shows as sold out now. They may still have the first series…

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve put a list of Welsh language films that are available on DVD or to download here:

Let me know if you have any items to add!

There’s also suggestions of English langauge, but Welsh-themed, films at the bottom.

3 Likes