Welsh intensive 6 months course?

Sorry I think I’m Going mad, I can’t see a link to the 6 month course with pricing and to sign up. Could anyone please help? I’m part way through level 1 but I keep not sticking to it and I need to make a ‘next steps’ decision as I need to access level 2 soon. I wonder if this course would help me more!

Thanks in advance for any help

Hello @lydia-7, apologies for only picking up your query today, but I’ve been out for a couple of days.

You’re not going mad, is the first thing! The 6 month course isn’t actively being marketed at the moment, which is why you can’t find a sign-up link. At the moment, the only available course on our sales page is our 6 minute a day course, which takes you through levels 1 and 2 in about a year. The 6 months course is the same material, only delivered more quickly, as the name suggests. So you would finish both levels 1 and 2 in 6 months.

However, that option does involve having at least 3-4 hours a week to spend working through the challenges, because you get two emails per week instead of just one, and you’re going at double-speed. It’s not for the fainthearted, would be my advice, but if you have the available time, and you want to try it, then drop us an email to admin@saysomethingin.com and we can move you to that option. As long as you have an active £10/month subscription, you can follow the 6 month option instead.

What I think it might be worth doing, though, is thinking about why you feel you’re ‘not sticking to it’. Is it a question of needing a routine, or that you’re having trouble carving out the time each week to do each challenge, or that you just need additional practice time? The answer to that would then lead you on to the answer as to whether the 6 month course will help you or not, IMO.

Hope that helps! Cheers, Stine

Thanks for getting back to me!

Simply put, I’m terrible at sticking at anything. I think I start to get discouraged at my progress etc. I think a major issue for me is not having the guts to use what I’ve learned and finding time around family commitments.

I forced myself to participate in my Welsh lessons until it felt the norm (Clwb Cwtsh) yet… When my teacher walked in before class and greeted me in Welsh I would panic and respond in English.

Anyway my general learning style if you can call it that is to dive in at full speed and then give up for a while, come back to it and get annoyed that I have to remind myself of so much. I’m roughly level 1 lesson 12, have done two additional Welsh courses and use duolingo. I love the Ssiw method, I hope I can stick to it this time!

I think I’ll try to complete level 1 and then it’s decision time!

Don’t worry, I know that feeling of panic at being asked something in Welsh :rofl: and I know I’m not the only one! Anyway, to have got to lesson 12 doesn’t sound to me as though you’re not sticking to it. Far from it, to be honest. I think you’d be quite surprised by how much you’d remember if you took a break, even though it might not feel like that at the moment.

Good luck with the rest of level 1, and any time you want to try the faster 6 month course pace, don’t hesitate to let us know and we can get that sorted for you.

If I go the 6 minutes a day route, do you have to r start from scratch? Or can you find your place in relation to the free course level 1? Thanks for any help again :blush:

hello @lydia-7 & hope all’s well with you.

No, you don’t have to start again. Because the 6 month option is the same material as the 6 min course, you can pick up where suits you. So, if you did Level 1 on the 6 minutes course, and then wanted to start level 2 on the 6 months course, that’s no problem - just let us know when you email admin@saysomethingin.com about your transfer. As long as you have the active subscription of £10/month, you can follow either route.

Hope that helps you, & good luck with the decision. Cheers, Stine