Welsh in Merthyr Tudful

We’re off to a new season of Welsh learning in the Welsh for Adults centres around Wales. The Soar Centre in Merthyr Tudful is offering its first Saturday conversation opportunity and it’s great to get along there to meet others and support the growth of Welsh in the area. Here’s the information:

Come over to Canolfan Soar in Merthyr Tydfil on September 27 between 10-12 for a cuppa and a chance to chat with Welsh learners and speakers. An opportunity to meet new people from Merthyr and also to see the Soar Theatre, Siop y Ganolfan selling Welsh books and other items and Caffi Cwtsh. Everyone welcome. There is a car park as part of Canolfan Soar.

Fantastic, I always enjoy attending the centres through the year. They are so popular. I have been to Denbigh, Bala and Dolgellau Saturday conversations/ ysgol Pasg etc. Great chance to practise spoken Welsh and learn so much about Welsh culture. I heard Betty George interviewing the lady ( sorry forgot her name) who helps run the centre, she was so inspirational. Wel… Pob lwc i’chdi Dee a’ r criw.

There’s a reading group at the Canolfan Soar that meets every other week - they’ll be meeting this Monday around 1pm or 1.15pm I think. This year they’ll be looking at articles rather than books.