Welsh grammar app for iOS and maybe also for Android

Hi.
I live and work in Japan, so I don’t have many opportunities to speak Welsh. However, I’m working my way through the courses little by little, and I hope one day to be able to speak enough Welsh to hold a conversation.
I’m interested in grammar, so I thought it might be fun to adapt a project I’m currently developing so that it can work with Welsh as well.
In my spare time, I’m trying to put together an iOS app to conjugate Cornish verbs, show all the forms of nouns and adjectives, and basically act as a kind of portable swiss army knife for Cornish grammar.
The other day it occurred to me that, with very little effort, I could adapt the app to work with Welsh as well, so I was wondering whether or not this kind of app might be of use to anyone in the SSiW community.
Please let me know what you think if you have a spare moment.
Thanks.

That’s an extremely kind offer, David, and I certainly appreciate it a great deal - there are definitely people here who enjoy their grammar and would be delighted by something like that.

Obviously, it’s pretty much diametrically opposed to how SSi works (in Welsh or Cornish!), so we’d want to make sure that nobody got the impression that they were meant to use it as part of the course - but as something to share on the forum, I’m sure it would be very popular…:slight_smile:

Ok, I’ll see what I can do.
At the moment, the app only uses Cornish data, but I’ll see if I can get a Welsh version up and running. If I can, would you or anyone else be interested in beta-testing it?

I’m absolutely certain that there’d be some people on here eager to do that - grammar’s not really my thing, so I’d be the wrong person for it, but we’ve got a fair few learners who do really love their grammar…:slight_smile:

Grammar geek here! raises hand I don’t know enough Welsh yet to be useful, I’m afraid, but I certainly would be extremely interested in the end product. I’d even pay for it, as long as it wasn’t a Rosetta Stone sort of price.

I’ve been studying a lot of Welsh grammar lately, so I would be interested in seeing how your app develops (although I would probably compare it to the grammar I’m learning from published sources, but if your app works just as well it will get recommended!). Let us know when it is ready for beta-testing.