Welcome to the new forum!

Wwww, this is looking rather good isn’t it??
I don’t know if this has been asked already, but are we going to see the smilies come across? Especially the brilliant Draig Coch ones that Cole (Rhywun) created for the previous forum??

Yes to the smilies!..:slight_smile: But they might take a few weeks, because we’ve got vital stuff to do with promoting the Spanish course to get done first…

Oh cool! Now that I’m looking at the forum at home rather than my phone or work computer (I guess we use internet explorer at work) it actually makes a lot of sense. Super pretty and oh so streamlined. Welcome to the future, SSiW! * HAPPYFACE *.

edit: oh, except that I can’t seem to change my profile pic?? * fracturedblueface *

If you go into Account Settings (from your name top right) and then click on ‘Set profile photo’, what’s happening for you?

Otherwise, yay! :smile:

I can open a computer folder, select the image, and then it does nothing - but when I navigate away from the page a little box says it’s been updated. Maybe that’s just what I look like, I haven’t checked in the mirror for a while…

Go check in a mirror, and then…:wink:

Otherwise, that sounds like a bug/hiccup - could you confirm browser and PC/Mac? We’ll stick it on the list and try to get it sorted for you - if the worst comes to the worst, I’m sure Ifan could change it for you (subject to confirmation that you’re not looking more blue and angular than you thought, of course).

Nope, definitely still pale and squashy! It’s happening on both my pc firefox browser and my mobile phone IE browser. Very curious.

Hmm… seems to be working for me, although we could do with a spinner showing that something’s happening - I’ve stuck this on the ‘argh!’ list - Ifan may have more questions for you later on…:slight_smile:

Amy, I’m seeing a long hexadecimal number where your pic should be. It looks like it might be an IPv6 address. Does your ISP support IPv6? Maybe there is an incompatibility.

Diolch Craig, but uh… I don’t know what that means! Can I fix it?

Edit: okay I googled it, and apparently I am “0/10 ready for ipv6” so that could be a thing! I’ll try again later on someone else’s internet :slight_smile:

That’s probably a hiccup with how the forum presents stock images - if Craig is seeing all the other profiles correctly - so we’re still in a ‘we need to fix this for you’ holding pattern…:wink:

OK, that’s probably not the problem then. It could be the site isn’t recognizing it as a valid picture and I’m seeing the raw data.

It’s… erm… very different! But interesting! Is there a way of subscribing to posts, in the way that there is on the old one?

Nope, not yet, but it’s not on the ‘dropping it’ list, so it might come back - although it hammers the server a bit if we get a lot of people subscribing to different things, which might be more of an issue as we move into other languages…

Not sure if this has been posted, but the reply screen with the “Post Reply” button could use a “Cancel” button option…

Looks great though. Is it based on WordPress?

I’m not a fan of cancel buttons, although I’m facing lobbying to get one on the ‘edit post’ window - I’ve had too many users suffer the pain of hitting cancel by mistake…:wink:

Thanks very much for your kind words! Nope, custom built, on far too little time and not enough coffee…:wink:

It’s well impressive for a custom build! Da iawn ti!

Diolch yn fawr iawn, Rob, really appreciate it - Ifan’s done wonders with very little time and a brutal taskmaster…:wink:

I cannot find things on this new set up yet. Where is the map of members?

We’ve migrated to yet another new forum since these posts, but the map is at https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/info/map (linked from FAQ at the top of the page).