Trying to find a song

Over the last few weeks on Post Cyntaf on Radio Cymru I keep hearing a song I really like, but can’t find any trace of it on the internet.

I think it’s called “Sebon da fi” but I’m not sure.

Anyone know the band/song I’m looking for?

And in a completely unrelated question, during the weather I’m hearing what sounds like “spidery”. I assume this isn’t the Welsh for “like a spider”.

Ysbeidiau = spells

Ysbeidiau heulog = Sunny spells

2 Likes

Diolch!

I’m finding the weather and travel a great source of new words as it’s so repetitive.

1 Like

A long shot here… but, if the programme where the song was played is still on iPlayer, find the programme and find the song. Then, if you have the Shazam app on your phone, use this to find the name of the track, the artist, and links to where you can purchase or hear the track.
I do this quite a lot to find songs I like on Radio Cymru. But, it doesn’t always find the information you want - especially if it’s a new song or the band is unsigned! I have been amazed at what tracks it has found though, so it’s worth a go.
Another way of finding this music is by finding out the artist and using sites like Soundcloud to find the track. Particularly useful if the band is unsigned and using this site to give exposure to their work.
Pob lwc gyda ffeindio dy ganu di! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ian Blandford: Over the last few weeks on Post Cyntaf on Radio Cymru I keep hearing a song I really like, but can’t find any trace of it on the internet.

I think it’s called “Sebon da fi” but I’m not sure.

I think it’s the song *Sebona Fi" off the new album (http://www.sadwrn.com/eng/Yws-Gwynedd/CodiCysgu)[Codi/\Cysgu] by Ywain Gwynedd (aka Yws Gwynedd).

Here’s a live version:

Yws has been learning how to write cynghanedd along with me and others on Twitter this year!

1 Like

Diolch! I think I like this version better than the studio with backing…

1 Like