Trouble accessing advanced content

**Please please could someone tell me how to quickly access the advanced content and gair y diwrnod on the app on my iPhone. I’m having awful trouble. And yes I have been a subscriber for four years. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi jop.
The way to access ‘gair y diwrnod’ from your app, is to type that phrase into the search bar. As for the advanced content, I’m sure that currently, this has to be accessed via the ‘full site’ on your pc/laptop.
If I’m wrong, someone will be along shortly to let us know.
Good luck. :blush:

2 Likes

The Advanced content on the iPhone app is between Level 3 and Old Course 1. But at the moment, in order to see the content you have to switch to Northern Course (if you’re doing the Southern).

Note: I’m using the beta test version so I can’t be 100% sure you can find it in the regular app, but the only way to find out is to go and check!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. That’s a help. I’m not very good with newer technology. I can cope when I know! I wondered if there was a short cut in some way in the app. I’ll have a play around. That’s what my 8year old granddaughter does and it seems to work for her!

Diolch!

2 Likes

Yes I’m on the Northern version but can’t find it where you suggested. However I’ve found it on the main site rather than the app. So that’ll do for now.

Diolch

3 Likes

Yes, as suggested above, at present, you need to use the beta version of the iOS app to see the advanced content.

1 Like

It’s available in the same place on the southern course now too. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Not on my iPod, yet. Neither lessons 23 and 24! :sweat_smile:

But I have a yellow dot right next to the app name - much as if I had just updated the app, but I didn’t. I wonder what it means!

Yellow dot sounds exiting. Not got 23/24 on phone either but had a quick look on laptop at the content. Exiting. Can’t really listen on laptop so great to have advance content on phone. So much new stuff. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I have no idea what a “beta” version is but agt least all this stuff is coming and I now see the difference between the main site and the app! Bear with me I’m learning! Diolch!

4 Likes

@jop, don’t worry, we’re all learning here. Great that you can now see what you were looking for. I don’t want to confuse you now you found your way, so ignore what I’m about to write, pob lwc with the course! :wink:

It looks like the dot meant there was an update available. I must have missed any pop-up or message letting . me know about it. Now I see advanced content in Southern course too (still no 23 and 24 but I’m not really in a hurry to see them!) :laughing:

1 Like

ha I fully understand why, I too am still digesting the last few.

2 Likes

Hi all:

I don’t know if this is a bug or if I’m just being impatient; but I can see the Advanced menu item on my Android phone, however, when I click on it, it says, “No Lessons Available.” I am doing the Northern course, so that’s not the issue; and I can access the Advanced content on my PC.

Any ideas? Diolch!

1 Like

I can tell I can’t see the Advanced content myself on the Android app - I remember reading at some point it might need an update in order to work.
However, downloading the audio files or listening to them from the browser (just like on the computer) worked alright for me!

2 Likes

Think that might be a ‘needs a fix when time allows’ kind of thing - @jamesmahoney? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It needs a change of some sort.

Either to how the advanced content files are arranged (to copy the method used by the growth club content since that appears in the Android app), or I alter how the Android app behaves specially for the Advanced content.

Neither has happened yet since only about 3 people have expressed minor irritation at being unable to access the Advanced stuff via the Android app (and one of them is me, and I’m getting on quite well with listening to the advanced stuff via Amazon Echo).

I guess the moral of this tale is that if you’d like to access the Advanced content via the Android app it’s time to get shouty until either I, or @Kinetic, tear ourselves away from the boxset of Sam Tân long enough to change something

2 Likes

I suspect that I may be one of the “about 3” but if not, as per my comments of October last year, I still find it irritating to have to do a workaround (especially when iOS users don’t).
I do most of my listening while walking and having the advanced content (including the transcript?) available in the app would be really useful.

1 Like

At the moment you all seem to be talking about difficulties accessing advanced content with Android. I still can’t access it using my iPhone app. However, if I go direct to ssiw via Safari then I can download easily and listen on the go. It would be useful though to do it straight from the app. Any chance that might happen- or am I just being stupid and missing something? Thanks.

1 Like

@kinetic - can we get this on the ‘to do’ list ogydd? :slight_smile:

Tagging @lewie for input on if this is same/different with iOS…:slight_smile:

1 Like

The advanced content is available in the beta of the iOS app. To join the beta, see this thread: