The SSiJ Bar

I use Limoncella in puds to make them more lemony. I’d prefer a beer or Pimms. By the way there is virtually no brown bread ice cream on the menu can you google recipe and make some more please.
That man in the corner has been there a long time and he’s reading a large book called Geriadur and looks real cool with his baseball cap back to front and his CYMRAEG hoodie.

Hmm, I use lemons to make stuff more lemony, but I prefer your idea :wink:

Here’s the recipe I’m gonna use:-

Cool man is in the study seat - can we tempt him into the story chair…?

1 Like

You can’t begin to imagine how long I’ve been standing outside this place waiting for the doors to reopen…

So I tried a Dark’n’Stormy cocktail for the first time over the weekend and am a convert, so next time I’m here, I expect the bar manager to have learnt how to make one…

1 Like

Mmmmm…could be tempted, perhaps make a stormy and dark sauce to go with my brown bread ice cream…mmmmm

Oops, I thought someone had left a pile of rags outside for us to recycle - l nearly had someone chuck you in the bin…:kissing_closed_eyes:

I read that as “and am now in a convent”… at first and wondered if Aran had made a rash decision…

What do you think that jug is full of right by your elbow - let me know what you think! Croeso!

Should just let you know that I made up a White rum and Coke at the same time so your Dark and Stormy pitcher might be on the table two to your left, :thinking: or to the right. I can’t help it that they’re the same colour…:roll_eyes:

Listen, if you’re intending to use my kitchen, fine, just wear a napron, or an apron if you prefer and if the vegetable order comes in, tell Dud the Spud to put it in the usual place. And don’t wear my apron if you please, I’ve just had it dry-cleaned after the accident.
Ta!!

Ha ha, changing sports momentarily - I noticed that the England (and Wales) cricket squad doesn’t seem to have any Welsh players. Althogh it seems that a couple do play for other countries. :slight_smile:

Well Dud the spud has been and gone
Saw the mess and looked forlorn
He scoffed six puds out the freezer
Really loved them, what a geezer
Not dark and stormy in a napron
Butv very spruce in greengrocer apron
Exciting news for your nibs
Dark and Stormy BBQ spare ribs
Now turn that frown upside down
Get that bib and buy a round
The storytellers tucking in
And swilling them down with strawberry gin
I don’t know much about cricket
Except yn Gymraeg it’s criced and wiced
What am I doing writing this ditty
Anyone would think I’m slightly tipsy
Oh no I’m not, I’m very sober
Do you get dafter as you get older?

1 Like

I’m 59 this year and I’ve always been this daft. So in my case, no.

2 y’s ur,
2 y’s ub.
I c ur,
2 y’s 4 me!

1 Like

Sound ok to you?

Is that Mr & Mrs?

1 Like

I’ve got the 2ys ur rhyme in my autograph book
Well If we’re being daft here goes

I eat peas with honey
I’ve done it all my life
People think it’s funny
But it keeps them on my knife

2 Likes

@Novem. Are you around, Cai.? Is your airport called Vanda? It’s causing interest because my Brother just landed there and my sister’s name is also Vanda :grinning:

1 Like

Oh, in Helsinki? Yeah, it’s the Helsinki-Vantaa airport, pretty similar to Vanda :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Only that my Brother is visiting Helsinki. He’s just told me that he’s drinking a glass of Ginger beer, Brewed by Fentimans in Northumberland. Wonder if they sell any Welsh stuff - Welsh Cakes maybe?

My wife bought a stuffed dragon for me (in Wales, somewhere) to put in my lorry. It was made by TY in Gosport, about 8 miles away. I collect from their warehouse in Portsmouth, sometimes. What we pick up is distributed all over the place via a palletised-goods network.
So in theory, I could have transported my own TY dragon (part of the way, at least) to Wales…and back again in my car.
Funny old world, innit?

1 Like

The saloons deserted, there’s no one there
All closed doors and empty chairs
A bit like Brexit, whoops the words a no no
But this is Barexit and no one on show
Perhaps only used on special occasions
Similar to using all the mutations
I’ve searched around for the ginger beer
But it’s all gone to Helsinki I fear
Ive red dragon from my hubby
Proudly displayed on a red Welsh teddy
I’ll shall be looking in from time to time
To be very silly with perhaps a rhyme
I’m now off to walk the ci
In the daily search for a local tree

2 Likes

I must to bed, to sleep sometimes,
Though the bustle, the chat and the clock chimes,
Keep me busy. The cat and the dog,
the kitchen and the cleaning of the bog
Are a small part of my duties,
I chivvy my lack-lustre deputies
Into some semblance of order;
They in turn, although they border
On insomnia, must go up the wooden hill, down counterpane lane to dreamland…zzzzzz

2 Likes

Gwych Tricia.
Yes TY, we see them a lot in the supermarkets. We used to have our own toy factory in Aberbeeg. Just up the road from the pot noodle factory. Anyway, they used to keep them in some old lorries. But one day they tried to remove an engine using burning gear and they all caught fire. Poor teddies.

Ooh, my brother lives in Six Bells, the village, I mean, his name’s not Quasimodo…! You must know the statue…?

1 Like