The SSi Newsletter! Updates - Contributions - Feedback - Comments - Chat ✉

Excellent news!

The weekly email will return this week!

The email will be sent out on Thursday this week, then return to Wednesday next week as per usual.

If anyone has any announcements they would like me to include, please let me know by either responding to this thread or tagging me in another thread.

Diolch all and thank you for your patience!

3 Likes

Dear all

Further apologies from us.

Unfortunately, we’re still having issues with our current email server, so we’re taking the opportunity to look at how the newsletter is produced with the intention of improving it going forward. Let’s face it – it hasn’t varied much since 2010, so time to have a think and update the way it’s done.

Don’t worry! It won’t be going away, but for the next few weeks it will be a ‘skeleton version’, just main items of interest from the forum, while we work on the way to move forward, and move away from the current server.

When done we are very much looking forward to introducing the new and improved SSiW Newsletter with you, so watch this space!

1 Like

Thank you for your continued patience as we continue to work on revamping and reintroducing our weekly newsletter.

As you might have guest family bereavements have slowed that work a little, but we guarantee you that when we are eventually ready to relaunch the newsletter, it will have been well worth waiting for.

Again, watch this space and thank you for your continued support. :heart:

Dear community,

Firstly, we’d like to thank you for your unfailing patience as we’ve been working through the process of renewing the SSiW Newsletter. A big thank you also to @Deborah-SSi who’s been keeping a skeleton newsletter going for the last few weeks.

The new and revamped Newsletter will soon land in your inboxes and if you haven’t yet signed up, then you can do so here.

Diolch bawb and we hope you enjoy!

1 Like

Hi SSIW, I think I’ve just received the new format newsletter! Need a bit of reassurance it really is you as it went into junk with an extension I don’t recognise [lj9fb etc]. The rest of the extension is e2ma[dot]net which has had spam complaints, which may be why it went into junk. I hope it’s you, and look forward to reading it.

Arianrhod

This is how the Sender appears to me:

SaySomethinginWelsh post.saysomethinginwelsh.com@lj9fb.e2ma.net

I presume that ending is something generated by the mailing software, but I’ll check. I hope it hasn’t gone into too many people’s spam/junk mail.

That’s how it appears to me also. Though fortunately it didn’t go into my junk box.
I was wondering how the newsletter would be improved, coz I always found the old one interesting but the new one does look great. Good job all! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Deborah, yes, I’ll mark it as safe.