The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread đŸ—ș

Would live to be added to the map too Sarah from Houston, TX. Diolch!

1 Like

Shwmae! Can you make two changes to the maps for me, please?

Firstly, my location on the Rest-of-UK learners’ map is correctly marked in Liverpool, but I appear under my old forum name of MeicFf. I’d be grateful if this could be changed to my current forum name @mikefarnworth .

Secondly, we now have a weekly group meeting in Liverpool and it would be good to have a marker for this on the SSiW Meetings map. What information do you need in order to make a marker, please?

1 Like

Hello, Mike - I’ve updated your marker in Liverpool. For the group meeting, you can let me know the regular time (something like “second saturday of the month, 10am” or “every tuesday, 6pm”) and place, and who people should contact for more information. I’ll be happy to put it up!

2 Likes

Sioned,

Thanks very much for your help. The meeting time is “Every Monday evening, doors open at 7:15 for a prompt 7:30 start.” Contact and location details are on our web site at http://liverpool-welsh.co.uk/learn.htm and the location is postcode L18 0HX or National Grid reference SJ393884.

2 Likes

Helo, my name is David Jones (like a lot of others). I don’t know where the tag ‘davidjones_6’ came from, but I haven’t been on the Forum for a long while. I can’t even remember how to look at the map.
I will try again and see if I can figure out who I am.
If it helps, I am living in Surrey Hills, a suburb of Melbourne (Aust).

Helo, it’s me again. I have found my way into the Map and looked at the Melbourne area. There is an entry there some way to the West of Melbourne, labelled as DavidLlJones. I’m pretty sure that that is the tag that I joined up with back whenever; as I said I don’t know how ‘davidjones_6’ came about.
Surrey Hills is to the East of Melbourne.
Hope this helps.

Dave

1 Like

I don’t specifically remember, but if I only had “Melbourne” as your location on the old maps, I probably just picked a place somewhere in the greater metropolitan area. I will be glad to move your marker and change your name.

I think you can, by the way, change your screen name here if you wish. This new forum by default uses your real name and, if that is already taken, just adds something like a number. To change it, go to your profile (click on your name above one of your posts) and click on the “Preferences” box. A list will open up that you can edit, including your “Username” - which is the top item in the list.

If you do change your username, PLEASE let me know so that I can change it on the map, too.

1 Like

Hi Sionned
I have moved recently from near Scunthorpe to Faringdon in Oxfordshire, half way between Oxford and Swindon. Please can you put my pin in my new location.
Diolch
Mary

Sut Mae pawb,
Rebecca dw I, dw i’n byw yn Dorking, Surrey. I’d like to be added to the map and get the chance to meet anyone local to me to practice Welsh with!
Diolch

Thanks Sionned. I have just tried what you suggested; ie clicked on ‘preferences’ and it came up with davidjones_6 as expected, however I was unable to change it. Now I can’t find my way into the MAP again.
As for uploading a picture - that’s a bit beyond my talents as yet.

David - in your “preferences” where it gives your username (davidjones_6) is there a little black pencil beside it? If so, that is how you change it - click on the pencil to edit.

That option is only available to mods and admins.

Ah, I wondered if that was the case. Looks like mods could edit someone else’s name, but I’m sure that would create all kinds of confusion!

Hi Sionned
Did you get my message at 150 of this thread?
I have not had a reply and do not know how to access the map. I am really struggling to find my way around the forum.
Mary

I am not usually a person to be able to help anyone with anything technical, but for the map, look at the top of the page where it says FAQ. That stands for “Frequently Asked Questions”. Click it and you’ll see a heading for the Map. Click that and there you are!! Hope this helps!! In general for technical help, the real wizard from Slovenia is @tatjana :exclamation:

2 Likes

Diolch @henddraig but I still have a lot to learn 

Might be suitable to put the link to the maps in “Really useful stuff topic”. I’ll do that but in the mean time 
 @henddraig did just superb job. :slight_smile:

However, to make thngs easier for you all (as I always tend to do so 
) here’s the direct link: The Map area of SITE FAQ

Note: If the system tends to throw you elswhere then to Welsh section if you click on FAQ when you’re on the forum page you’ll not be redirected to the right FAQ page and will need some more clicks to come there at least this occurs to those who have new page design but I presume for those with the old leyout the things are not much different. So always take a look if you’re on the Welsh part of the site before searching for the Map button at the top.

EDIT:
Just to remind you that many useful stuff related to this forum and some general ones you can get in Really useful ‘How to’ stuff and other great posts which is pinned in "General/Question subcategory of the “Welsh” part of the forum. You can find link to the maps there now too.

Happy exploring!

1 Like

Hey Sionned
I hope you are well.

I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn’t mind adding me to the map when you get a chance.

I live in Ruimsig, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.

Many thanks in advance have a great day further.
Cheer - Chris

1 Like

Hi Sionned !
Can you add me, too? I’m in Roanne, France. Diolch !

1 Like

Hi Sioned,

I am unable to see international flags on the map. Is that correct?

I would love to see flags in the Benelux. :slight_smile: please pop a champagne glass for me in Zaltbommel, the netherlands.

I would love to start a live practise group up over here.

Warm wishes,

Elkie

1 Like

If you’re looking for pins elsewhere than Britain, be sure you’re looking on the “Rest of the World” map. It’s the third one down on the maps page. You may need to give it a bit to finish loading. You’ll find a number of flags in the Netherlands and Belgium, and we seem to already have you on the map. Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like