Thank you, T-shirts and Zazzle

Just wanted to say thank you for SSi Welsh, I’m just finishing Level 1 and I think the whole teaching approach is brilliant :grinning:

Byddai’n well da fi siarad Cymraeg

Saw this on Challenge 21 vocab and thought it would make an excellent T-shirt :wink:

5 Likes

Helo @growdigital and welcome to the forum. I’m glad you find the course great.

About T-Shirt: SSiW has their store on Zazzle, where you can find all sorts of things, not just T-Shirts and maybe they’d be keen to inplement your suggestion into the program. If not, if you’re buying through their store you have the option to customize their design so you can easily put this on. I’ve customized all the shirts I’ve bought there too, not clearing their original design but addint the writing to them.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ww, that’s a great idea… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @tatjana, thank you for the link and the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

We haven’t mentioned Zazzle for a while, but @tatjana brought it to our attention that they’re changing the way they operate so sites like ours that don’t get a lot of traffic may not be worth it in the end.

If you’re interested in a t-shirt, mug or coaster with a SSiW branding, have a look at what they’ve got at https://www.zazzle.co.uk/ssiwelsh

There are business cards there, but note that they are NOT the latest version, so they’re out-of-date.

You can read more about how Zazzle works here

2 Likes

Hello all.

Well just a quick notion here in addition to what @Deborah-SSi has written. The change in the way how will Zazzle operate in the future doesn’t include only traffic on the site but also contribution itself, what means that you have to contribute at least one new item/design in your store at least every 15 moonths so maybe it’s just the right time to refresh the business cards to the newest version. I had some plans to purchase some of them too as I’ve given the last one I’ve got in my wallet from the visit to Wales in 2016 about half a year ago or so. :slight_smile:

T-Shirts are the great way to contribute little something to SSiW exposure so go ahead and buy one.

"Cwrw is the Welsh word for Beer" maybe?

And a little tip: You can select the design and make some addition to it. Even if you altered the design, the money still goes to SSiW store. Something like this maybe:

The SSiW logo was designed by SSiW store and I’ve added additional writing on top of it.

The back was not equiped with any sign or writing at all and so I’ve added some additional message for people to read here too. By the way, I was asked last week at my work what the writing means and it’s needless to say that I’ve passionately explained the meaning of it and more …

So, there are many possibilities of having just right T-Shirt for your needs and promotion of the SSiW at the same time.

Enjoy buying and promoting and have fun!

Hwyl!

(oh … the cap on my head kindly made for me by @margaretnock during her visit in our country in 2016, is not included :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Definitely not included!:grinning:

1 Like

Hello all again.

Well quick tip for SSiW staff about business cards.

I’ve renewed and refreshed my Zazzle shop today and among saved designs (this doesn’t mean I’ve created them but just saved my customizations to them) I have some SSiW products I’ve bought or had planned to buy in the past among which are business cards also. I’ve looked closely into business cards and established that the only thing which is out of date on them is the addition that course(s) is for free. Removing this word “for free” can make business cards “into date” again. Customization of such small amount requires no more than 5 minutes (the max) work so if one of SSiW staff members would take those 5 minutes and refresh the design it would solve the “problem” of out of date cards.

Business cards are not customizable (made so by SSiW store and not Zazzle) so we are not able to customize them by ourselves (what is, of course, totally understandable and the only right thing).

Hppy Zazzling (buying) to all!

Hwyl!

1 Like

Diolch Tatjana! Iestyn has a new design already, but I’m not sure who has admin authority to the Zazzle site. If I do, then I could edit it. Iestyn is super busy right now, with a long list of things to do, so I’ll find out.

2 Likes

Just reading this thread and thinking about the “out of date” business cards … is the first course not free anymore? If not then I have over 400 cards here that are out of date too.

I’ve checked on the FAQ page that new members will see it still states that “the entire introductory course of 25 lessons, the practice sessions and vocabulary units are all entirely free of charge.” I know this is referring to the old course so needs updating but is it still free?

1 Like

Black felt-tip ‘1’ over ‘2’ 400 times

1 Like

@Kinetic is already aware of this; but the recent Discourse update has leaped to the top of the pile.

Yes, the first 15 are still free.

1 Like

Yes, this needs updating, and I’m onto it :slight_smile:
Currently the first 15 challenges of Level 1 are free, but I’m not sure how long that is going to last. That number may be reduced before too long. When new people come along they can run through a short Taster course first, so they get an idea of how it works and they can decide how they want to proceed after that - a structured course with online support, or a monthly subscription.

3 Likes

Good to hear, so for now, at least, my cards are not out of date. As long as there is some free material then the “for free” statement isn’t completely false.

1 Like

Zazzle let’s buyers edit, from what I understand (as a Zazzle tyro). Could that mean it could be altered to:
"The entire introductory course of lessons, the practice sessions and vocabulary units are all entirely free of charge.”

I think you may have misunderstood. The cards I have were created with vistaprint and look like this …

I think you may be talking about the FAQ section on the SSiW homepage … neither of which have anything to do with Zazzle.

Gotcha…I definitely misunderstood!
And now for something completely different:

2 Likes

Can I ask the people who know, i.e. @aran, @Iestyn, and the moderators, if I should stop handing my cards out (see two posts above) seeing as the “for free” statement may now be a little misleading. I do hand out a fair amount of them so I could always make some more with a different wording but I’ve got about 350 left at the moment.