A couple of quick questions about that old chestnut “tasen/basen”:
- The old course vs new levels teaches baswn i as opposed to byddwn i. Is this just a regional variation?
- In either level 1 or 2 we have “Trien i helpu ti taset ti’n arafu”. Does this therefore mean that you can use tasen with any form of the conditional (short forms, long forms etc)? I assumed it was only with basen / bydden
- yes, it comes down to personal preference really.
- yes, you can use the taswn set* with any short conditional forms as well as with the baswn set*.
However, with the byddwn set*, it shouldn’t be the taswn set, it should be the byswn set* (which you can also use with short-form conditional, but shouldn’t use with baswn set).
- by set, I mean “+it’s conjugated forms” i.e. tasen, tasech, etc / basen, basech, etc / bydden, byddech, etc / bysen, bysech, etc.
I hope I haven’t made that too confusing. I think I may have!
Diolch, Siaron. Perfect explanation. Just what I needed to know!
On the contrary - excellent explanation.