Swansea Meetup in the Brunswick

Hello Everybody.

Is the Swansea meetup still live?

Hope to see you all in the Brunswick Wednesday if so :slight_smile:

Do post to let me know

Thanks

Gareth

@leiafee I haven’t been advised otherwise, but the contact person for this is @owainlurch who doesn’t appear to be active on the forum much these days. Do you know if this is still going on? @triciaroberts do you know?

1 Like

Diolch Dee,

Hopefully someone will be along soon to confirm :smile:

I see Trish and Owain fairly often so will ask. I haven’t been in a while so have slightly lost track.

2 Likes

I understand that the meets in the Brunswick aren’t going on at the moment.

Usually something going on at Ty Tawe on friday nights and Saturday morning though - not SSIw specific.

3 Likes

I would love to hear about any Swansea meetups.

I live in Aberystwyth, but most of my wife’s family live in Swansea so we find ourselves down there a fair bit if you don’t mind a kamakazee visitor every few weeks?

1 Like

There’s siop siarad in Tŷ Tawe ever Saturday morning 10-12 in the bar of the shop/Welsh centre/Menter Iaith offices. Not SSIW specific but I’m on kettle duty there from time to time and there’s a good group of regulars.

2 Likes

Hi Gareth, I usually go to ty Tawe Saturday mornings with my two daughters. Friendly bunch. Definitely worth going along. Often quiet around 10 but usually busy by 10.30 or so.

2 Likes

Thanks again for the info Leia - ti’n seren

1 Like

Diolch Tom,

I’m hoping to be there in the next couple of weeks (hopefully to record some people speaking Welsh for this project: http://www.corcencc.org/).

See you there perhaps :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Siop Siarad regulars were discussing CorCen with interest on Saturday - had you been to a Cyd group there? Someone from that group does Siop Siarad as well and was talking about the project and the recordings.

1 Like

I had indeed been to the Cyd group on the Thursday - met some really nice people there.

I’ll be going back to Swansea (and Neath/Port Talbot) next week if anyone wants to meet up for a chat (recorded or otherwise!)

2 Likes