Survey on Accessibility Challenges for Welsh Learners Using Assistive Technology

Hi everyone,

In May this year, I’ll be presenting at the Round Table on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities ( Conference | Round Table (printdisability.org). The title of my paper is ‘Accessibility Challenges for Welsh language Learners Using Assistive Technology’. Assistive tech encompasses things like screen readers, screen magnification and head wands, but I’m also interested in the experiences of people using sign language and Braille.
I’ve put together a short survey which will be open until April 27. As I state in the survey introduction, this is a personal project for me, and is not funded by or afilliated with any research organisations. I’m presenting this paper in the hope of starting a conversation around improving accessibility of resources not only for Welsh, but other minority languages too. If you identify as having a disability and would like to share your experiences, I’d really appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to complete the survey.
If you experience any accessibility issues when completing the survey, please comment here and I’ll do my best to fix them. You can find the survey link here: Survey: Accessibility Challenges for Welsh Learners Using Assistive Technology
I look forward to reading your responses.
Diolch,
Lauren

1 Like

All the best with your paper and the survey, Lauren. I’m tagging @CatrinLliarJones so that she can put this in the newsletter and hopefully get you some extra responses.

1 Like

Thank you @siaronjames, it’s much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like