Struggling to remember

Hi
I signed up to SSW and I’ve got a little bit behind as I’ve been on holiday and also started a new job. What I’m struggling with is remembering everything!!! Help!!!

2 Likes

The most important advice is “Don’t panic” :wink:
Do you really not remember anything? Just try to say something in the gaps when prompted, and through the spaced repitition everything should eventually get knocked back in place. If you find that process too frustrating, you could also go back a few challenges (one or two) to regain some confidence.

3 Likes

Same here, I got kidnapped firstly by watching Wimbledon in June and also a holiday. I just paused the course, and then when i was in a position to start learning again , I redid the last few challenges until I understood it and then continued the course.

1 Like

Hi Andrea,
Everyone goes through the same problem. My advice is not to get worked up about it. Do the challenges at your own pace. When you’re listening and have to repeat, use the pause button as much as you like. This is not a competition. You learn at the pace that’s right for you. Enjoy the process. It shouldn’t be a chore.
Best wishes,
Rob.

2 Likes

Also - you’re not meant to remember everything, Andrea - as you work through the challenges, the spaced repetition will help build you stronger and stronger memories for more and more words and structures - don’t aim for perfection, because that’s the biggest killer in language learning… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I shared this article on another Welsh language learner group on Facebook. It makes a great case of making your goals challenging but achievable. As Aran said, perfection is an enemy to your progress. You’ll get there. Being more reasonable in my goals while still challenging myself has helped me stick with Cymraeg well after the time I’ve given up on other languages.

1 Like