SSiWer on Dal Ati!

Repeat showing of Karen and her Alpacas on todays show.

1 Like

The nice thing about S4C repeating things is seeing how much more you can pick up the second time around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@aran I had my first listen to one of the sped up northern Welsh listening practices last night. Well, once I’d picked myself up off the floor after laughing hysterically, I realised that I’ve heard Gogs that truly do speak at that speed. And what a brilliant idea those listening practices are! I had to let my ear ‘tune in’ then I started to pick words here and there, then suddenly I was understanding pretty much all of it. But it was so much like a real experience, of trying to understand a conversation between fluent speakers in a pub or somewhere with lots of background noise. I’m hooked now. Keep 'em coming!

3 Likes

Hngnghghgnngn
 I’m working on the listening exercises for Level 2 at the moment - but they are a complete, complete nightmare to write.

Very good to hear that my suffering and angst is, thank heavens, of value to you :sunny:

3 Likes

Lovely! :smile:

Stu

1 Like

No, it’s anything but, I assure you
:wink: Once I’ve finished these, I think I might take a couple of months off to relax by sticking needles in my eyes

Listening exercise #1 (Level 2) finished. I think I might leave the next one until 2016
:wink:

1 Like

Nooooooooooo!

1 Like

I see, Les Taylor, appears in todays show talking about learning Welsh
followed by Bill Wheeler whom sadly died last year: he painted some great watercolours and was a delightful man to meet.
Also, our SSIW friend - Dewi Pws - shows us around his house in Tresaith whilst talking to Nia Parri

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/c_level2.shtml?series_id=521054439

Just realised I’ve met almost everyone in the flesh throughout this show
What a small world!

3 Likes

I spied Geraint/Gruntius on todays show drumming fel y diawl
CƔl!!!

3 Likes

Leia was on todays show 36 minutes in and also honorary SSIWer, Dewi PƔs.

1 Like

I’d just download the Dal Ati app after hearing about it at Hacio’r iaith but missing the session on it. Open it up and was tapping through the stuff about Swansea and suddenly I was looking at me!

My flying logbook informs me that the clip was filmed back on 25th July 2012 in KiloYankee I had a very pretty pootle round Gower after disappearing t of shot.

Also an enormous tooth abscess that makes me look like the evil mutant twin of myself

3 months before I bought the little X’Air. Wow.

5 Likes

Heddiw, on Dal Ati, probably a repeat, both @elizabeth_j_corbett_and @helenlindsay! Before 20 mins, can’t be more acciurate!,