SSIW graduate doing a big run for charity!

Prynhawn da to you all!

Unfortunately I don’t post here as often as I should, but as a graduate of SSIW from yester-year I do tend to check the forum fairly regularly but generally I’m a long time reader (darllenydd), rare poster these days.

I hope this is okay to post, and please feel free to remove if inappropriate.

On July 22nd of this year I will be running from my current hometown of Swansea to London over four days, on my own, in order to raise funds and awareness (ymwybyddiaeth) for Tenovus Cancer Care, who do amazing work in Wales and beyond with cancer sufferers and their families and friends.

I will taking on this monster-trek in memory of my Mother-in-Law Patricia, who sadly passed away from a form of cancer in March of this year, the route/journey was picked as Pat had previously spent 30+ years working at the DVLA and Swansea to Paddington was a train journey she had undertaken about a thousand times during her time spent working there, so it felt right.

This will mean running 310km, or 192 miles in old money, over 4 days - it’s something like 8 to 10 hours of running a day to make each checkpoint (Newport, Chippenham, Reading before finishing on Day 4 at Paddington Station).

I’ve recently been interviewed on S4C’s “Prynhawn Da”, talking about the challenge and the reason for doing so and I will make sure I post the link for that here when it is broadcast early next month.

If you would like more information on the run, or would like to contribute (cyfrannu), you can do so by visiting my JustGiving page here:

www.justgiving.com/runningtolondon

Diolch, Nicky! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Pob lwc, Nicky. I’ve been happy to contribute to your worthy cause. Huw

2 Likes

Incredibly kind of you Huw! Hope you and the family are keeping and well?

2 Likes

Happy to help, Nicky - pob lwc!

2 Likes

This is an incredible undertaking Nicky - I’m in awe! I know how much this means to you and your family and it’s an incredible undertaking. Very happy to support! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much all! Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi gyd!

Caught me on a rare occasion when I had a couple of quid in my pocket… :wink:

Pob lwc i ti chief! :star2:

1 Like

Done. Quite a challenge, by the way! Pob lwc!

1 Like

Sounds like a tough but amazing challenge. All the best of luck to you!

1 Like

Morning all!

Firstly a giant diolch yn fawr iawn i chi gyd for your kind donations. It has helped massively and will be put to exceptionally good use by Tenovus over the coming weeks and months.

For those with some time to spare today, or over the next few weeks on catch up, if my sources are correct - I am scheduled to appear on S4C’s “Prynhawn Da” this afternoon (Friday 15th July) at 1pm.

I am told that I will be part of the programme unless something big happens in the news and they need to cut away or something

5 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hLMI2WFR5c

…and here is said video. You can access English subtitles by clicking on the “Subtitles\CC” button on the bottom of the video.

Please enjoy!

3 Likes