Spanish music

In this thread we can share and discuss music performed in the Spanish language!
Feel free to share videos, audio or simply the names of artists/bands/songs. The songs can be from any genre of Spanish music.

Personally I love listening to Spanish language music, and it was my love of the music which was originally the main inspiration in my choice to embark on learning Spanish.
I also find music a great and fun way to assist in learning languages.

So, I’ll start this thread off with a couple of beautiful songs.

Colgando en tus manos - Carlos Baute y Martha Sanchez

Bailando - Enrique Iglesias ft. Gente De Zona y Descemer Bueno

5 Likes

Hi!

It’s a good initiative, I think I can contribute to this thread (I’m Spanish :sweat_smile:)

It’s better with lyrics, right?

Two examples of easy listening IMHO:

Izal - Copacabana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emLUrgWEO4I

Fito & Fitipaldis - Me equivocaría otra vez

5 Likes

Great idea for a thread, @natalie - and excellent contribution, @sergio - thank you both very much indeed! :star: :star2:

2 Likes

This is a great thread! As I am getting older and slower, my music is slowing down too…:wink:

I have listening to music by Alejandro Fernandez …

2 Likes

Here is one of my old favourites (in American Spanish?).
Lo siento mi vida
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/linda-ronstadt-lo-siento-mi-vida-lyrics.html

3 Likes

I love this song, it (Enrique) me vuelve loco :wink: :innocent:

5 Likes

¡Por favor vuelves!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPgPMMsDAvg

This song is already 20 years old…:scream: In this canción, I think one can hear so clearly that Enrique learned from su padre!

4 Likes

Y esto me encanta!

6 Likes

Great song contributions everyone! I’m loving hearing all your music choices.

Following in from dee’s choice above…
A rock ballad by Maná. I love this song. It’s called ‘En el muelle de san blas’.

4 Likes

Ay ay ay, creo que esa es la canción más emocionante de Enrique, ‘su voz está llorando’. :cry: :hearts: También una vieja canción

3 Likes

:hearts:

3 Likes

…una canción hermosa :kissing_heart: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Con la voz llena de sentimiento…

2 Likes

Si, no es música…pero cuando habla, es un poco como la música, verdad?

3 Likes

¡Antonioooooo…olé!

3 Likes

My music teacher introduced me to Latin American music when I was a child, and he used to dance exhibition tangos with his wife in the small town I grew up in, but it was NEVER like that!!

2 Likes

This is a scene from a movie, and they have dance teachers, choreographers, directors, camera - and light guys, cutters - a whole team that makes sure everything looks fantastic and breathtakingly larger than life. And - and this is the most important reason - it’s Señor Antonio Banderas! :dancer::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Something tells me you’re a bit of a fan of Señor Banderas :smile:

2 Likes

Oh, yes, I’ve always adored him very much! Now, that Melanie Griffith was crazy enough to let him go…here I am…:innocent: :wink: