[Sold Out] July 2017 bootcamp

I wonder … it was night for @lynne_freudigmann and as much as I can recall she said she’d want to come too. Did she managed to book? (just wondering, don’t understand me wrong, please.).

Hmmm … I’d really like to hear you singing together again. What great strong voices you have …

Yes, this!

Good luck to all who are in … oh and if you see my soul wondering around Tresaith … don’t send it back … let it be there … :slight_smile:

Bootcamp is Sold Out, so if anyone else wants to come, there are three options:

1. Put your name on the waiting list.
  2. Wait until the next bootcamp - we have a date pensilled in for September, but we’ll see how that plan comes along
  3. Put your name down for the one place that has becomne available on April’s bootcamp, which runs in Easter week (so school holidays, a bank holiday Monday etc).

Booking for April is here: https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201704150000/5by

Diolch @tatjana - I’m not sure what lynne’s plans were, but I’ll be disappointed if she can;t make it to a bootcamp sometime this year.

3 Likes

I’ve written previous post according to this one:

on February 25th.

And no, it wasn’t exactly night for her but rather early morning though so she really might miss it, I’m not sure.

Yes. Having her on is really something special. :slight_smile:

Hi Tatjana, my life has been so uncertain this year but everything seemed right for Bootcamp in July until my daughter dropped the bombshell that they are hoping to move to Tasmania right get at the time I would be away. I thought that when the kids grew up I would be in the clear, but no. My daughter is still not in great health so I will be needed then. At this present moment I can’t see myself being in Wales this year. I really tried hard but unless things change it won’t happen. To be honest, my heart is in Wales but for the moment my feet are in Brisbane. I wonder when I will be free to do what I want? Sigh!
While I’m on here I wonder if you can tell me how to access the past Growth Club Challengs. Looking forward to the next Skype chat.

Now I wish there would be a sad smiley besides this “like” heart at the end of the posts too. I’m really sorry to hear that this year just doesn’t work for you properly. I hope it will all be well with your daughter.

As far as concerns Growth Club sessions, let me know what you’ve missed and I’ll send you the link to the sessions you need. On official site they’re not accessable anymore.

I’m looking forward to next Skype session aswell in hope @BronwenLewis would be able to attend also.

I hope everything will sort right for you somehow and if not this year, then the next one Wales can expect you to be there again.

1 Like

Thank you Tatjana. I have missed all the listening as I couldn’t keep up with it. My listening has improved greatly and I would like to try agai. I’d like to start from the beginning. I’d be grateful for the link you talk about. _diolch yn fawr iawn.

So I am actually really happy about this extra week between the bootcamp and Eisteddfod because it is a great excuse for an extra week in Wales. I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of what to do with that extra time. I was thinking I could spend a couple of days in different places, hopefully ones where I can keep using my Welsh. I’m just trying to narrow down some ideas and wanted to see if you all have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to travel (slowly) up the coast from Aberteifi to Ynys Môn. You can stop in loads of Welsh speaking areas. Aberporth (really close to Tresaith), Machynlleth, Aberystwyth, Porthmadog, Harlech, Cricieth, Caernarfon, Bangor…I would love to do that. Sadly I have to go back to work the week after, otherwise I’d join you.

4 Likes

Also, I don’t know if you’re much of a mountaineer/walker but Cadair Idris is on that route

1 Like

Thanks Anthony! Traveling up the coast is a great idea and i’ll definitely look at some of those towns you listed. Since I’m coming from overseas it’s definitely a plus I get that extra week in between to keep traveling.

2 Likes

For Aberystwyth @Nicky would be a good person to contact.

1 Like

Yep! If any of you are dropping by Aber let me know and we can have a Welsh coffe/tea/pint!

If it lands on the right day can always come to one of the weekly clwb cloncs that run in the town too!

4 Likes

We can talk about other places when we meet in July :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone

Ah, it looks like I’m late to the game for July! I’ve added myself to the waiting list incase a place becomes available… it was fab last year.

Are there any other bootcamps for 2017 @Iestyn? I can’t seem to work out where I need to look… Diolch :slight_smile:

None announced yet, but I think Iestyn is considering something in Sept/Oct… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @aran I’d also be interested in one’s in north Wales too!

1 Like

I’ve heard Catrin muttering about something possible in the autumn, so it’s not a definite no…:wink:

3 Likes

Sorry you missed out this time, Vicky - I’ll be looking at possible September dates in late April, once April bootcamp is done and dusted, and I’m recovered.

It would be great to see you again.

Iestyn

3 Likes

I know it’s early but I thought I’d see if anyone had made any plans for getting there yet? I am driving from Cardiff and would be happy to lift share. Anyone else heading that way? We also have a spare room, so if anyone is flying into Cardiff or train etc, and would like to come the night before you are welcome.

Let me know. Looking forward to meeting you all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Anthony I actually was planning on arriving into Cardiff on Friday evening (going to take a train from London). I had been looking on airbnb trying to find a place to stay, but if you have a spot to stay that would be stellar!!! I was also trying to figure out busses/trains to Tresaith, but if you’re driving that would also be a great help! Also I think @Karla will be in Cardiff wanting a way to bootcamp as well, but I will let her speak for herself on here I just wanted to tag her anyways!

4 Likes