Simon and Carolyn's sketch from Bootcamp last year

I’ve just been pointed at this piece of comic genius from Simon and Carolyn in Bootcamp last year.

Two Welsh learners meet on a blind date - through the medium of Welsh - after finishing Course 1 but not having gone any further.

It’ll be most fun for those of you who have got a bit further than the tragic couple, but it should be fun for people still in the early stages to see which bits they can pick out :sunny:

22 Likes

Genius!

1 Like

I loved it! Gwych!

1 Like

The tears were rolling down my face!

2 Likes

O, boy! I didn’t stop laughing yet!!!

“Paid siarad Saesneg!” :slight_smile: That bit was the best ever. And when little one brings apple (was it apple, yes?) to the table :smile:

I love this bit! Genious! :slight_smile: The best thing is that even my husband who doesn’t understand (much) of Cymraeg had a bit of laugh! Well done!

2 Likes

Most amusing!

1 Like

a fi hefyd!

1 Like

Perfect. Lacked only the hen gath. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fortunatelly “giraffe” found its place. I was pleasantly surprised upon this.

So, I could say giraffes are becomming much more popular then cathod a cŵn … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad you all liked it! @tatjana: Carolyn and myself actually had our first laugh together in Welsh with ‘hen gath’ when we were walking together, struggling with what to say in Welsh, and a cat walked out in front of us. I nearly tore a muscle exlaiming “mae’r hen gath yn moyn chwarae!!”.

9 Likes

Da iawn chi y ddau! :slight_smile:

Ha ha - I’m glad everyone enjoyed it. In actual fact when Simon and I first met up it was even worse than this!!

3 Likes

It was brilliant, saw it yesterday and, as someone else said, I am still laughing. Well done to the two of you for some brilliant acting.

2 Likes

You mean he was more “wild” on "Paid siarad Saesneg … " - HAHA!

That bit I’ll never forget as long as I live. :slight_smile: