Sheffield - Rugby League World Cup 2021

Hi Folks,

I’m trying to find out if there is a SSiW group meeting in Sheffield or any SSiWers living in Sheffield.
Why?
Because I am the Team Manager of Wales Wheelchair Rugby League Team. The Rugby League World Cup 2021 is hosted by England and includes Mens, Womens and Wheelchair Rugby League. Wales Wheelchair Rugby League and going to be based, and play all our games in Sheffield and it would be nice to link up with Welsh speakers in the city - you could become our supporters for the Tournament.

If you’ve not seen Wheelchair Rugby League have a look on You Tube - Its a fast, exciting contact sport played by all abilities, all genders and people from 12 upwards play it. We’d love to see you at some of our games supporting the team.

Contact me through this forum if your interested in supporting Wales Wheelchair Rugby League in Sheffield.

Hwyl
Mark

1 Like

Hi, I’m in Sheffield! Just read this out to my family and we all agree it would be amazing to support the Welsh wheelchair rugby team! We’re in :smile: let me know how to get involved x

Sent you a personal message.

Mark

Wow, sounds interesting!

While I can’t pretend to be the world’s biggest rugby fan, and I can’t guarantee where I’ll be in Nov 2021, I’m definitely interested in this.

Sadly there’s no SSIW group in Sheffield (that I’m aware of), and I’m too lazy to organise one, so this sounds like a great opportunity to meet some Welsh speakers.

1 Like

Sent you a personal message

Mark