September 2016 Bootcamp, 24 Sept - 1 October

Booking is open for the September 2016 bootcamp, which runs from 4pm Saturday 24th to 10am Saturday 1st October.

Cost is £260. We are certain of running this bootcamp!

https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201609241600/5vy

There are currently 5 places available on this bootcamp.

Please remember the following bootcamp conditions:

1. Bootcamp payments are, generally speaking, not refundable. Your
    money will, of course be refunded in full if we cancel the bootcamp, but
    if you pull out, we reserve the right not to return anything. This is
    especially true if you pull out close to the date, making it difficult
    to fill your place. Please make sure that you are definitely wanting to
    come on bootcamp, and please take out holiday insurance (yes, this is a
    holiday!) to cover your costs in the event of a change of circumstance.

2. No language except Welsh is allowed during bootcamp. There is a
    time for orientation at the start and an introduction in English, so
    that we all start on the same page, but after that you will not speak
    English (or any language other than Welsh) until the following Saturday.

3. Bootcamp is for people who have completed the material in course
    1, including the vocab lessons. If you are a non-SSiWer, then please do
    lesson 25 (south) or 26 (north), and vocab unit 10, and if you can’t
    keep up, then fly through the course to give yourself a chance at
    bootcamp.

4. Bootcamp is one of the most frightening, rewarding, tiring,
    exhilirating experiences you will ever take part in. If you throw
    yourself in, you will end the week as a Welsh speaker. If you are half
    hearted, you will probably not enjoy the experience, and you certainly
    won’t get the most out of it. Please be committed!!!

5. That’s all sounded a bit serious… Bootcamp is a holiday in one
    of the most beautiful parts of Wales (and thus, the world). You will
    spend a week with lovely people, visiting lovely places, and doing
    interesting things. You will have fun, and go home with beautiful
    memories that will last you a life time, and firm friendships that will
    take your Welsh to a new level. Come on holiday, and go home a Welsh
    speaker - how’s that for a bargain?!!!

Let us know below when you book, and if you have any questions.

There is some helpful information here: https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/info/bootcamp21 Scroll to the bottom of the page for location and “what to bring” information.

That link again: https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201609241600/5vy

There will be no more bootcamps this year.

Hello, I’d be interested in joining but I won’t know until beginning of Sept if I can come,

• how quickly do these places fill
  • how flexible are you in terms of numbers
    ?

Diolch

Hi Alice

It’s difficult to tell at the moment about numbers, but I would think you should be ok.

We’re pretty strict on the ten, because more than ten can get a bit challenging from the point of view of fitting into places, and also it gets a bit challenging making sure that everyone is happy and developing etc.

However, if you put your name on the list, but don;t pay, then if the bootcamp starts to fill, I’ll get in touch when it’s getting tight, for you to confirm or not.

I hope that’s a help - it’ll be great to see you there!

Iestyn

Thanks, should I book on the form? Wouldn’t want to book something I cannot attend…

Hi Iestyn, is this the southern or northern bootcamp?

It’s in Tresaith - but there’s always a mixture of southern and northern learners on every Bootcamp… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, Alice - if you book on the boking page, then I’ll let you know if w are gettng short of space. Unpaid bookings get knocked out of the way by people flashing their cash, so as long as you haven;t paid, you won’t be guaranteed a place. But if you are on the list, I’ll remember to let you know…

@amandalaing - Tresaith is in the south west of Wales, but we are usually a mix of both north and south. Remember that there is vry little difference between the two dialects that we teach, but if you meet them all in a rush without guidance, there’s enough differences in the common stuff to make it confusing. Because we are used to this on bootcamp, though, I don;t think we’ve ever had a real problem, beyond confused looks in the opening hours of bootcamp, brief explanations, and a bit of “bilingualism” on my part (occasionally using gog words to explain the differences).

1 Like

Hello Iestyn
I followed the instructions on the booking page and got a confirmation number, but I was never prompted for payment and there are no payment options/links on the confirmation page.

Is this expected?

Doh!

Sorry - I’d set up the page, but not the booking process.

Could you go back to the page and see if it gives you the option to pay now? If it doesn’t, I will delete your booking, and you can just ebook, You’ll get prompted to pay via PayPal then, and all will be sorted.

Diolch!

1 Like

Hello Iestyn,
I cancelled the existing booking, re-visited the link and walked through the booking process again. This time I was prompted for payment and was redirected to Paypal. Got a confirmation number and am ready to go.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks Iestyn, I had just assumed there were different ones for north no south because of the thread that said ‘luxury northern bootcamp’. I was wondering if I could get level one finished and do the bootcamp this year but I’m currently struggling with the last few lessons so will probably wait till next year .

1 Like

Hi there again, (trying to get things organised…)
what is included in the price?
Do we need to sort out our own accommodation?
Where exactly is this going to take place?

The link [quote=“Iestyn, post:1, topic:5335”]
There is some helpful information here: https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/info/bootcamp21 Scroll to the bottom of the page for location and “what to bring” information.
[/quote] is not working for me… :hushed:

Diolch yn fawr :smiley:

@AliceC try this link. You have all introduction there and at the bottom of the page you have links provided with more informations about esential things and what to bring.

The links which lead to the old forum should work for all no matter are you logged in and no matter were you ever members there or not.

Link you’ve provided above, @Iestyn, really doesn’t work though.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Quick question: the booking site says there are five spaces available…is that five spaces available out of ten? Meaning 5 people have signed up already?

The booking site knows how many people have booked and paid to go. I think Iestyn is abroad and may not be checking his SSIW mail that often, and this will explain the discrepancy between the message at the top of this page and the booking site. I would assume that five places have been booked and there are five more available.

1 Like

@iestyn Can you confirm this please? :relaxed:

Not really necessary to confirm…mostly just needed to know the info from @margaretnock. Waiting on one more person to sign up before I book my hotel.

Thanks though!

Shw mae, Cyd!

I am abroad, as Dee ightly says, but September bootcamp will be running for definite (I will be sending out emails at the end of this week to participants. So book anything that’s needed!

(I have edited the message above to reflect that)

Looking fprward to seeing you all there!

Iestyn

1 Like

Right then! Off to find a hotel near Manchester airport.

(Where in the forum would it be appropriate to post asking for hotel recommendations and train stuff?")

1 Like

General Questions should do the trick :slight_smile: