Rownd a Rownd

Philip is doing his best. Philip has his faults, but I think he’s a real friend to Mr Lloyd, as of course was Alwenna. (She would persuade him, if she was still around).

It’s a really banal and pointless story, isn’t it? I’m sure neither wants a permanent relationship with each other, and surely Cathryn knows she’s better off with the security that Vince can offer, even if he’s not as exciting as the younger, fitter Iolo. Iolo is no doubt, enjoying tasting forbidden fruit, but he’ll be off when he sees someone more attractive on the horizon.

They were very careless, and discovery was inevitable. Llio will be giving Iolo a hard time now, I dare say.

Mae’n bosib mai atgof yn unig fydd ciwio dros y pontydd rhwng Ynys Môn a’r tir mawr erbyn 2021, wrth i Lywodraeth Cymru weithio ar gynlluniau ar gyfer trydedd pont dros y Fenai.

Mae amserlen gaeth wedi’i llunio, yn ôl y Llywodraeth, sy’n cynnwys ymhynghori â’r cyhoedd yng ngwanwyn 2018, dewis llwybr erbyn yr haf, a dechrau ar yr adeiladu yn 2020, gyda’r gwaith wedi’i orffen erbyn diwedd 2021.

Byddai’r bont yn cynnwys amddiffynfeydd rhag y gwynt, er mwyn osgoi gorfod ei chau yn ystod tywydd garw.

Mae un o’r cwmnïau sy’n gwneud ymchwil cychwynnol i’r Llywodraeth wedi dweud wrth Manylu y dylai’r dyluniad newydd barchu’r hen bontydd yn ogystal â’r tirwedd, ond hefyd bod yn brydferth gyda ei chymeriad unigryw ei hun.

Un opsiwn sy’n cael ffafriaeth ydy pont newydd ar hyd ochr orllewinol Pont Britannia. Gall y £135m sydd ei angen i’w chodi ddod gan Lywodraeth Cymru, ond mae gobaith y bydd National Grid - sydd am wario £200m ar dwnnel o dan y Fenai, i gario ceblau o Wylfa Newydd i’r is-orsaf drydan ym Mhentir ger Bangor - yn gwario’r arian hwnnw ar godi’r bont. Mae Rhun ap Iorwerth, Aelod Cynulliad Ynys Môn, yn dweud wrth y rhaglen y byddai’n anghyfrifol i beidio â thrafod hyn.

Mae Manylu hefyd yn siarad â Dewi Williams, Pennaeth Priffyrdd Cyngor Sir Ynys Môn, sy’n sôn am gynlluniau ddeng mlynedd yn ôl i godi pont newydd. Mae o’n gobeithio y daw rhywbeth pendant o’r cynlluniau diweddaraf yma.

Wrth i nifer o bobl sy’n defnyddio’r pontydd presennol yn gyson groesawu’r syniad o ffordd ychwanegol, mae Gwynne Morris Jones, cyn-ysgrifennydd Ymgyrch Diogelu Cymru Wledig, yn dadlau nad oes galw am un.

Interesting - I suppose this will become a talking point on RaR eventually.

How soon depends on how far in advance they film and whether they leave gaps for important new events, news, scandal etc.!!

Ah yes, those “tropical inserts” … :wink:

(Tuesday (03.10.2017) episode again): goodness, why is Kay always so horrible to her family?
(including Ken and Kylie sometimes)?

At least she was nice to Ron.

Was re-watching with English subtitles, to make sure I was understanding the details of what Mr Lloyd was telling Phillip. Let’s hope Phillip’s sgwrs with Siân comes to something.
Looking forward to tonight’s (Thursday’s) episode now.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

well, what can Siân do? I suppose she could gently go to see Mr Ll, but not if he’s nowhere about.
Dani the reformed! Wel, gobeithio! Will believe it if she carries on being nice, kind, selfless…!!
Philip can be an idiot! Why blame Barry with zero evidence? I would not trust Dewi as far as I could throw him, ie. zero centimetres! Why is poor Llio being set up? Cathrin deserves it, and Iolo. It seems to me Llio always gets the rough end of the old stick!

1 Like

Yes, y creadures. The actress really seemed to have a cold, I thought, poor thing.

creadures?
Please explain.
:confused:
:confounded:

Female of “creadur”, literally “the creature”, but used in the sense of “poor thing”, i.e. an expression of sympathy. It was used tonight actually (in the masculine form). Can’t remember if it was about Mr Lloyd, or perhaps Rhys. If you can watch again via Clic with Welsh subtitles, you should spot it.

I am going to re-watch it some time, and I will try to make a note of when it comes up.

The following is from “Gweadur.com” - I’ve put it through google translate, as it was only in Welsh:

creadures feminine noun term of sorrow (sometimes in a mistress, sometimes a pity) about a woman or woman who is suffering an anxiety

Edit: it was about 14 minutes into the programme, and was actually said by Rhys, about Barry’s baby son (who was having a bit of a grisly spell, poor chap - the kids in the programme are all great actors, especially the tinies!).

( remembered the word all right, but completely mis-remembered the circumstances! Don’t ever call me as a witness anyone…).

Edit: The English subtitles are missing. The Welsh ones are ok. I wanted to check what Llio was saying to Iolo. Missing on iPlayer also. Have sent them a message. They are normally quite responsive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No English subtitles on the International website this episode either :frowning2: Thanks for letting them know - hopefully they fix it.

I watch on Sky-recorded and get auto English sub titles. Some of them are very funny, because it seems to depend on sound recognition, but I’ll re-watch Iolo/Llio later and report back!
Edit - saw the bit with y baban bach creadur got translated as ‘poor boy’!
i have noted roughly what was said between Llio and Iolo starting with “right then, leek soup, tomato, pea soup.”
If there is anything you think I can help with, just ask!

1 Like

Just started watching Nigel Owens Wyt ti’n Gêm? In Caernarfon, but he starts by saying they have been to the R&R set! Will report more when I’ve seen it - likely after supper!
it didn’t take long! Robin, who plays Mathew, is set up! I think it’s well worth watching and he will then be a guest of Nigel’s and may tell more about R&R , cannot promise!
Look for
Nigel Owens, Wyt Ti’n Gêm on line or on catch up!

1 Like

Just realised it’s repeated on Saturday night at 10.45 p.m.

Diolch am dy cynnig di, but the lovely people at S4C have fixed the problem. They did it quite quickly actually, and sent me a nice reply to my email. (although I’ve only just now had chance to re-watch the episode). Mae nhw’n seren, i gyd!.

Diolch am hynny. Will watch it as soon as I get an opportunity.
Hwyl.

Watched it now! :slight_smile: I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it was fun. Robin was a good sport, I thought.

Diolch unwaith eto.

Nige always seems to find good sports - and if course, this includes all involved - in this case some of cast and crew of R&R! Maybe I should plug ‘Wyt ti’n gêm’ in the programmes thread? It is a sort of off-season off-shoot of ‘Jonathan’!

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T
Well, Dewi embarassed and the others too!
Rest, a sort of ‘resting’ episode!y

True :slight_smile:
I laughed out loud though.

I did wonder (just before the reveal) whether he was going to turn out to be a stripper - Yr Holl Monty -
Well, he might yet do. I’m not sure of the full range of duties of a topless male waiter.