Rownd a Rownd

Yndy, diolch. I seem to have got fy nhikars well and truly in a twist regarding dates in that post! Now edited. Yes indeed my comments about Megan were regarding the most recent (29th June) episode.

Well, if the wedding is going to be on the 13th, and we (or at least I) think that’s going to be the last in the current series, before the summer break, that gives us 4 more episodes: 4th, 6th, 11th and 13th of July. hmm…plenty can happen in 4 episodes! :slight_smile:

O diar! I’m going on holiday abroad on the 13th, and won’t be able to access S4C! At least it should still be on Clic/iPlayer when I get back, as I’m only away 10 days, but it will mean even more suspense!

(Apparently: “in suspense” is “ynghrog” - literally “hanging” - according to gweiadur.com
“pryder” is also a possibility, apparently.

1 Like

Next episode yfory (tomorrow) instead of Thursday. My Sky listing then has it repeated on Thursday, so I’m not sure I believe it!
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

So Megan dwp tempts fate… worse really, far too close to Mr. Lloyd’s to park! Hanging cliff…will Michelle find out enough, will she and Mike be able to find a kind way of letting Edwin down lightly? Broken hearts can hurt any age, in fact, thinking you are an old fool who should know better is not a nice situation!
Then we have ’ what.is Dewi up to?’ and poor Rhys will certainly be left dangling until the autumn!

I was amused that Erin asked for pedwar deg pounds and Dad gave her deugain :slight_smile:

I like the traditional Welsh numbers; seems as if he does, too. (He also called her dwy ar bymtheg years old, but I gather that traditional numbers are still fairly widely used for ages, at least till around 30 or so, which are the numbers people know best from the dates of the month.)

Yes, and will Meical even believe Michelle? He pooh-poohs all her suspicions, and didn’t seem particularly receptive to this latest one, either.

Also, what’s up with Brittany declaring her hate for David? Is that the setup for a new storyline?

1 Like

Reit Megan - ti’n SUSSED! (well, almost…). I did wonder whether Michelle and Meical’s old banger of a van would be able to keep up with the Merc, but the roadworks settled it.

Although I find Michelle irritating, she’s done the right thing. Whereas Meical, who is much more good natured (for which I like him) is being a bit naive in this case).

I wonder if Michelle will take the car number to Siân and ask her to check it out?
Siân would need convincing that a crime was about to be committed, for which the evidence is pretty slim at the moment. (It’s not a crime to lie about not having a car). OTOH, if she’s using a false name (which I’ll bet she is) that is suspicious. Chances are she’s got “previous” for doing this kind of thing, which might show up if Siân actuallly did a search.

I think she always looked up to her big sister. But yes, it could be a new storyline, if Britney decides to take vengeance into her own hands.

1 Like

A thought I had tonight while I was watching - which person in RaR (character not actor) would you feel most comfortable speaking to as learner to mam-iaith?
That crossed my mind after seeing Jac gossiping and thought he’d be really tolerant of learners, but then I felt that Rhys or Sian would be great as well. Philip would be one I’d talk to to try to master the accent (or Meical) and the speed of gog, but ultimately I think that Terry would have the patience to help you through your many mistakes.
And just to talk to over a cup of tea and a scone, - Mr Lloyd.

Apart from that, yes, the rumbling of Megan is imminent…

2 Likes

Jac. After all we share a name and he speaks a de/gog mix! (OK, not the only one!) But I think he’d have patience with me, due to being used to old ladies in the salon! Folk I would not pick - Dani, Erin, Michelle and Megan, wrth cwrs!

2 Likes

Iris is always kind and cheerful, and perhaps not too difficult to understand. Vince also.

Although curiously, although I’m a gog-learner, I think I might also choose Jac or Llio.

The people I’d find most difficult / intimidating (language-wise), in order of most difficult first:

Meical, Iolo, Philip, Matthew. Barry is not far behind.

2 Likes

Oh, Barry is dishy! Not sure I’d learn anything, and he’s generations too young for me, but I’d enjoy the view!

2 Likes

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

I am a bit lost on the number plate front. Suggests her car was stolen! I had my Number Plate nicked when parked outside the Morriston Methodist Church once. Cops said it probably would end up on a stolen vehicle. I got fresh plate with same number and a Crime Number to quote if my number was seen at a crime seen! Almost an incentive to do something illegal, but middle aged (as I was then) Methodist Ladies were not seen as likely criminals. I never heard any more about it and later sold the car in Scotland! I somehow didn’t see Megan as willing to drive around brazenly with false plates! I see why Sian and Michael find it hard to believe!
I do hope the Bali holiday doesn’t have to be cancelled again,
So Dewi can charm older ladies! Mhmm not sure what that says about him!

1 Like

Speaking of which – Glanrafon has some of the most patient hairdresser customers in the UK, I think!

Jac and Lowri are forever ignoring them to have a little chat or greet someone who has just come in, or they’re gossiping over the customers’ heads… but nary a peep out of the customers! They never seem to mind.

3 Likes

The actors / extras playing them must be quite patient as well! Having their hair mucked about with by complete amateurs! Must be a bit risky! :slight_smile:

If she’s cunning enough (and she probably is) she may have a set of false plates that she only uses when she’s going to visit Mr Lloyd, just in case the car is spotted, as it was in the last but one episode. So that when she’s out of “Mr Lloyd territory” she’s back on her correct, legal plates, and not risking anything, legally speaking.

I hadn’t come across the term “cloned car” before, but apparently it really is a thing:

http://www.theaa.com/car-buying/cloning

Although that article suggests that they ususually use a car of the same make, colour and approximate age (which this apparently was not).

In the episode where Michelle follows Megan, Megan’s number plates are clearly visible at one point, so just for fun, I looked them up on the DVLA website. However, they were not found, so that number isn’t for real.

Michelle and Meical’s number is for real though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, you never see them actually doing anything to the hair beyond taking it into their hands or perhaps combing it; whenever it’s time to actually snip or apply anything, the camera moves away or there’s a scene cut, or the scissors are moving behind the head so you don’t see them cutting through air rather than hair.

Yes, using my plates on a stolen car and selling it was one of the possibilities the police mentioned, but nobody outside medical research used the term ‘clone’ in those days, as far as I remember!

1 Like

Interesting (from a language point of view) programme about Ynys Mon:

Those of us who watch RaR regularly have chance to compare what we hear on that programme with what “real people” on the island sound like. The accents sounded quite familiar to me. The presenter (Gwion Lewis) speaks at a fairly measured pace, but some of the people he speaks to speak very rapidly indeed. Headphones recommended!

1 Like

Just in case anyone missed it, immediately after R&R heno. they announced an ‘open afternoon’ at the set on 8th August! From 1.00 to 4.00 p.m. I think they said at least some of the cast will be there, but I may have mistaken that!
If anyone can go and take pics, please post them on here!

2 Likes

Sounds good. I was hoping there would be something about it on the programme’s website, but nothing so far.

Spoiler 11.07.2017 Dydd Mawrth
P
O
I
L
E
R
Spoiler
P
O
I
L
E
R
Well, Michelle nearly succeeded. Pity she blew it …
We saw what would seem to be Megan’s name and address, which was in Moelfre, which is about 10 miles north of Menai Bridge. We don’t know where she has told Mr Lloyd she lives (or lived).
(The postcode was wrong for Moelfre though…should have been LL72).

Now, what was on the birth certificate that she showed Sian? It will show her maiden name in any case, so I’m not sure how much good it is as ID. It’s conceivable that Sian might be able to tie it up to a subsequent marriage certificate, if Megan is, or has been married (and it looks like she has been). Megan was certainly looking worried after Sian left.

I’m wondering if staying at the hotel comes into Megan’s plan?
If she has already been able to extract enough of Mr Lloyd’s money, then the pretext of staying at the hotel gives her plenty of time to make her getaway before the ceremony (which she would not turn up to, of course).

But what’s her plan regarding the money? We saw her practising Mr Lloyd’s signature, which suggests that she’ll be writing a cheque or cheques. But cheques take time to clear. And also, he might well notice cheques missing from his chequebook before they clear … ah…I’ve just remembered: one trick of cheque criminals is to use cheques from near the back of the book, leaving plenty of cheques in front (if it’s a reasonably full book). That could easily delay discovery for long enough…o diar!

1 Like

Found this:

https://eisteddfod.cymru/digwyddiadau/dydd/8-awst-2017/dathlu-rownd-rownd

1 Like

Could she have got away with a Banker’s Draft or a money transfer to another account, basically moving all his savings to where she has instant access? If she can end up with the equivalent of cash, she can go off out of his ken and pay it into her own account. You noticed, I’m sure, that ‘she cannot drive and has no passport’ yet we know she jetted off to the sun when she was supposed to be in boring Bournemouth!

1 Like