Revisiting L2

I wanted to share some thoughts that I have had recently after revisiting L2 after approximately 6 months since completing it the first time through. What I’m finding is that I have retained so much and I’m using a lot of what I have learned during my weekly conversations with native speakers. All of the challenges in L2 were so much easier to do with minimal stumbles or mistakes. While going through the challenges again I realized the phrases or words that I am using more frequently and identified some that I can use in future conversations. I credit this course with jump starting my ability to have basic conversations and as I continue to learn, revisiting L2 is something I will do more frequently than waiting another 6 months.

2 Likes

Hola Garrett ¿Qué tal?

That is really great to hear! It must be a real boost to breeze through something that a few months ago was challenging. Level 2 seems a long way off to me at the moment…

¡Chao!

Stu

1 Like

Two recommendations here - instead of going the whole way through L2, just do the last 5 sessions - that’ll cover about 98% of the material (if not 100%, actually).

And then - don’t do it much more often than once every 6 months. The consolidation time is a very valuable part of the learning process - and you don’t want to get to the stage where you do it too often, and it becomes too easy - better to leave it longer, work harder to refresh it, and build stronger memories as a result… :sunny:

1 Like

Thanks. I hoped that I would receive some advice. This is a very useful technique that one only needs to trust in.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. If you aren’t already having a couple of short conversations in Spanish yet I encourage you to do so. If you are, then you likely know that this course is very effective. I wish you luck.

2 Likes

Hola Garrett,

I will be trying to sort out a conversation partner over the coming months, but with the summer holidays approaching, granddaughter taking up a lot of time, and other domestic stuff, its not that easy! I never had that much joy out of Skype, I have to admit. I prefer the meet up style of conversations, but at the moment, there is probably no chance of finding someone else following SSI Spanish in the Midlands area to meet up with down the pub!

Hasta luego,

Stu

1 Like

Let me make a recommendation. I know that you said that Skype isn’t your preference but hear me out. Have you tried iTalki.com yet? Most of the tutors or professors use Skype but they would use google hangouts too if you asked. Even though in my opinion they are very similar. I could recommend two great tutors if you like.

1 Like

That’s a tremendously kind offer Garrett :star2:. I’m okay with Skype, its just that face to face in a real social setting is a million times better. I think I’ll try and set something up with another learner initially.

¡Chao!

Stu

1 Like