Referring to notes; bad idea?

Hello all. Having completed Challenge 03, I have a question. I’ve established the habit of jotting down the vocabulary for each challenge in my notebook, which I study when I’m not actually doing the challenges. I have found it tempting to glance at the vocabulary at tough moments while doing the challenges. Athough I mostly resist doing so, and try to rely exclusively on my memory, which seems like the right way. So, should I keep my notes out of sight when doing the challenges? Please let me know. Diolch.

Hi Merton, definitely not a good idea to use vocabulary notes as this will impede the learning process which you most definitely don’t want to do! Relying on your memory will help in the long run.
I tend to keep saying random things throughout the day while driving and I’m finding this is helping me quite a bit.

I hope you find the best way for yourself? :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Oh dear! Something else I am getting wrong!

1 Like

The course guidelines say not to do it.

However, I couldn’t resist the temptation and tried it once :grimacing:
It was either challenge 3 or 4, accidentally! - and although it felt reassuring, I found out the next day I could remember almost nothing.

So from my experience I would suggest to just keep the written vocabulary aside until you’ve completed the lesson!

p.s. By the way, if you’re curious try a search on the forum you might find a few posts where Aran explains why - sorry I can’t check it out right now

1 Like

Makes sense. Thanks for your reply. I’ll definitely keep my notebook closed during the challenges.

1 Like

Yes, but obviously its helpful to check them out after each Challenge. That’s what they intended for.