Recommendations please :-)

Noswaith dda bawb,

It’s my Sister-in-law’s 30th in July and we’re heading up to Eryri and staying in Llanffestiniog. I was wondering if any of you lovely lot could recommend a good restaurant in the local area??

Diolch ymlaen llaw :slight_smile:

I’m on it - will come back with suggestions soon-ish. :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, how ‘posh’ do you want to go? Are you looking for a pub style setting or something a little more upmarket? Also how far would you be willing to drive for the perfect meal? :slight_smile:

I think we’d be happy with a 30-40 minute drive. In terms of poshness, good question, is it too cheeky to ask for a range??? :grimacing:

We love pub grub but a posher option, as it’s a round number birthday, would be good to have.

Diolch diolch diolch :slight_smile:

There is a nice pub called The Oakley Arms in Maentwrog which does nice food. Think it only a few minutes drive from Llan Ffestiniog :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s also.the Grapes in Maentwrog. Gastropub style food

3 Likes

For posh, fabulous quality cuisine with amazing views go to Castell Deudraeth, on the Portmeirion Grounds, but be sure to book in advance.

For good Welsh pub cuisine try Y Chwarelwr in Blaenau. As mentioned above, The Grapes in Maentwrog and The Oakley Arms in Tan y Bwlch. Or The Brondanw in Llanfrothen.

For a great Indian/Asian/Balti restaurant try The Lemon Tree in Penrhyndeudraeth.

For something in between posh and pub, with a great menu, good quality food an a superb location Dylans in Cricieth is a must.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the ice cream in Cricieth!! (I think its called Cadwalladers)

Anhygoel!! Seren wyt ti!! Diolch o galon :blush:

1 Like

@BronwenLewis - I might be up to visit you sooner than you thought…

1 Like

There’s a nice Cadwaladr’s in Cardiff too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just so you’re all aware, we’ve booked Dylan’s in Criccieth. Diolch am eich awgrymiadau, it was good to be able to look at the options otherwise it’s just a pin in a map job

2 Likes