Reading with Welsh Speaking Practice

Some of the participants in the open Welsh Speaking Practice Slack group are keen to start reading in Welsh and discussing the book afterwards. They’ve decided on Sgŵp! by Lois Arnold as their book for this month and they’ll be having a hangout to discuss it on Monday Feb 24, at 8:00 pm GMT

If anyone would like to participate in that but isn’t a member of Welsh Speaking Practice yet, just send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com and we’ll send you an invitation.

EDIT: Note change to the time - starting at 20:00 GMT now rather than 19:45.

3 Likes

Thank you for promoting this, @Deborah-SSi!

2 Likes

Hello!

This is a reminder that the first Hangout for our book club will take place on 24 February. We will talk about Sgwp! by Lois Arnold.

A number of people have asked for a later start time, so I would like to propose that we go for 8pm rather 7pm. I hope that is OK for as many of you as possible!

I look forward to seeing you.

All the best

Neil

1 Like

@CatrinLliarJones

How does it work? Do you have to read the whole book by that date and discuss it al together?
Sorry, never been at a book club!

That’s the general idea usually, but I guess it will depend whether everyone has managed to read the whole book in the time available. What do you think @neil-pyper?

Yes - that is exactly how it works. Hope to see you there!

1 Like

Just checking, so I don’t get wires crossed, is this the same book-club from the other thread that I posted about this morning @neil-pyper? If so, I’ll just keep my bookmark on that one for the email, so I know where I’m at. Diolch. :blush:

It is indeed - diolch eto!