Question about the course

Sorry I hope this is in the right place.
I didn’t know until today that you can pay for the course and get extra. I have been doing it on my phone just following the instructions. I am just a bit worried about keeping up. It currently takes me about a week to do each challenge. And that is with 30+ mins most days. It looks like the course does two challenges a week?

I am currently on level 1 number 4. I thought I would be brave and go to 5 after just 5 days but I couldn’t get any words right at all in the pauses so I reverted back to repeating level 4. I find that the first half I can get about half right but the second half of the lesson I really still don’t know anything.
Is it possible to pay for the course and then take a week off every 2nd or 3rd week to catch up?
I listen to the course and shout out the answers while driving to work 15mins without the pause button and then for 30 minutes in my lunch break I go for a walk with my headphones in and sometimes use the pause button.
Davina

1 Like

Tagging @aran

1 Like

Hi Davina,

I’ve noticed there are new pages explaining the structured courses, clicking on “see full details” under each option, so these might be helpful to you:
https://www.saysomethingin.com/welsh/structured-courses

I don’t know much more, except I’ve heard you can occasionally ask to pause them. But if you think you might want to pause it every two-3 weeks maybe you can just go for the one with a slower pace? I seem to understand it currently costs exactly like the subscription you’d have to do after Challenge 15 to finish up the course by yourself so maybe worth trying anyway?

(I did the three levels by myself, but I just preferred to do each level in a very intensive way in a short time, then take long pauses between the Levels, so just did the basic subscription)

Pob Lwc!

2 Likes

Hi Davina - if you subscribe at £10 a month, you’re not under any pressure to ‘keep up’ with the rate of the course - you just get access to an extra lesson/task-list each week, and you can do them whenever you feel like doing them - you’ll always keep access to them… :slight_smile:

This task list intriges me. Is there anything I still didn’t do??? Obviously I need kind of schedule of actions again. Went a bit leasurely for quite some months, to be honest.

(Sorry just asking).

Hwyl!
Tatjana

1 Like

It’s mainly for Levels 1 and 2 (although there are some brutal ones for Level 3!) - if you’d like to run through the process from the start, just ask Ifan or Deborah to set you up on the 6min course :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thanks that sounds perfect

Hi I have subscribed I wondered how and when I get the extra task each week? Thanks
I am still quite slow at working out how to use the Forum It has taken me a day to find my question again!

I’m tagging @Deborah-SSi for you because Aran is in China at the moment and may not be able to answer you until he’s back. :slight_smile:

Hi Davina,

If you’ve subscribed in the 6 Months or 6 Minutes a Day course, you’ll receive your Week 1 email next Monday, or if you’re keen to start straight away send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com and ask to be moved onto Week 1.

If you have a Standard subscription without a course attached, then that doesn’t come with additional tasks. You just work through at your own speed.

thanks, I don’t know what I subscribed to! I wanted to be able to join in the video classes so I will email them and ask.
Davina

Hi, I’m only doing one lesson a week and that way, I think that it works really well. Something I’ve found works for me, is to find quiet time in the day to listen with my eyes closed …really concentrating…no distractions. I do this for at least the first three or four days. I don’t do the full 30 mins initially, 15 mins max, then build up as the week goes on. In the beginning, I felt as though I wasn’t coping with repeating the sentences in time but you get used to it, it becomes easier but I really recommend the quiet time without distractions. I’m on week 22 now, I don’t get everything right but I’m amazed at how much I remember from the first 5 weeks! Prob lwc, don’t give up!

3 Likes