Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five - 22/11/2019

Prynhawn da bawb!

A little early this week because I have to be out of the house for some of the time tomorrow and I may well get sucked in by my to-do list and end up forgetting about the Friday Five! :astonished:

One of the things I have to deal with tomorrow is visiting an animal rescue centre… I’ll tell you about that some other time. So, inspoired by this and yesterday’s Word of the Day post here are today’s questions…

1) Tell us about a pet you have/a pet you’ve had/a pet you’d like to have.

2) Give the following Welsh names - a dog, a cat, a horse, a fish, a dinosaur.

3) Of all the films you’ve seen, the TV series’ you’ve watched and the books you’ve read throughout your life, which fictional animal is your all time favourite.

4) If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would it be and what would you call it?

5) You get to spend the week at a zoo as a keeper - which animal do you choose to care for?

6) Which unusual creature have you had the pleasure of meeting?

7) Make up your own animal related question and answer it…

1) Tell us about a pet you have/a pet you’ve had/a pet you’d like to have.

We currently have 2 cats - Colin and Sandwich. They’re brother and sister and we’ve had them since they were 14 weeks old, they’re 3 in April. They’re lovely cats but very frustrating at times. Sandwich is scared of her shadow and you can’t walk past her when she’s eating or she runs off and Colin eats her food. We’re also pretty sure she has a depth perception problem because she falls off things and tries to rub her head into your hand from about 2 metres away.
Colin is a very noisy cat - Siamese level noisy. He meows a lot.
They’re both pretty terrified of a large unneutered cat that lives two doors down. He’s a particularly vicious cat and has pulled Sandwich back through our catflap before. However, he lives in a house with 4 generations of a family, 3 dogs, 2 other cats and a rabbit, so vying with our cats is probably the only time he’s on top.

2) Give the following Welsh names - a dog, a cat, a horse, a fish, a dinosaur.
Dog - Mabli/Macsen
Cat - Mabli/Macsen
Horse - I’ve never named a horse in my life. Probably something regal like Cynan?
Fish - as with horse, less regal - Twp?
Dinosaur - ymlisgiad ysglyfaethus

3) Of all the films you’ve seen, the TV series’ you’ve watched and the books you’ve read throughout your life, which fictional animal is your all time favourite.

There are many. Probably Captain Bucky O’Hare, Mutants and aliens and toads beware

4) If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would it be and what would you call it?

This sounds like a bit of a killjoy answer but I would stick to a domestic cat and call him Colin. If I were to be reincarnated a cat in a loving home is pretty much spot on.

5) You get to spend the week at a zoo as a keeper - which animal do you choose to care for?

Lions. All day. I’m not a fan of zoos, so this would have to be more of an open, pretty close to being wild, kinda looking after, but I could watch lions live their lives. Great creatures

6) Which unusual creature have you had the pleasure of meeting?

A Kia in New Zealand, they’re mountain parrots and they are beautiful. Green on top with multicoloured feathers on the underside of their wings. We stopped on the roadside and I knelt down to take a photo and one very nearly flew into my face. Have to be careful with Kias and cars though, they’ll strip the rubber off everything; windscreen wipers, doors, tyres…very mischievous

7) Make up your own animal related question and answer it…

If you could be an animal what would you be? (in other words, what’s your daemon from his dark materials)
A wolf would be my choice. Would probably end up with a rabbit or a pigeon though.

1 Like