Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 20/12/2019 5️⃣

1. What does this festive weekend have in store for you?

2. What’s changed in your life in the last month?

3. What’s your favourite household gadget and why?

4. It’s Christmas day afternoon and you are sitting in the comfiest chair in front of the warmest fire and all the dishes are done, what do you chose to watch/listen to, drink and nibble on?

5. Who (are you wishing) is first in line under your mistletoe?

My brother, sister-in-law, nephew and my sister-in-law’s mum are arriving for the Christmas week. So we’ll be having food together tonight.
Tomorrow our gym does a big workout together in the theme of 12 days of christmas (like the song, start with 1, then 2,1, 3,2,1…12,11,10,9…3,2,1) so we all get together wearing overtly Christmas things. Ive never managed to make it because I’ve worked each Saturday I’ve been a member of the gym until this year.
Then we’re popping into to say hello to Emma’s school friends before an evening of games. Then Sunday I’m not sure.

All so long as we’re not heading towards the hospital…

I have a job back in the NHS
My wife is 37 weeks pregnant
I now know what anxiety feels like

Our Nest heating because the novelty of turning it on and off from my phone hasn’t worn off yet.

4. It’s Christmas day afternoon and you are sitting in the comfiest chair in front of the warmest fire and all the dishes are done, what do you chose to watch/listen to, drink and nibble on?

Listen to: The Bells of Dublin album by the Chieftains
Drink: normally too full for beer/wine, so maybe a gin and tonic. Although this year a paned (waiting for baby)
Nibble on: If I’m not too full then Terry’s Chocolate Orange

If I get to kiss my son on Christmas Day I’ll be a very happy (and tire/emotional/overwhelmed) first time Dad

4 Likes

If I get to kiss my son on Christmas Day I’ll be a very happy

Even if he has not emerged, you can (and IMO should) kiss him through mummy’s tummy. :smile::heart:

2 Likes

What’s your NHS job @AnthonyCusack?

It’s my turn to cook lunch this weekend and I am going to prepare a strudel filled with spinach, vegetables, eggs and a bit of cheese tomorrow and potato dumplings filled with a mixture of poppy seed and plum butter, served with custard, on Sunday.
Apart from that, I am going to chat with @sasha-lathrop on Saturday evening which is always great fun, write a Christmas letter to my friend and ponder about how I want to decorate my Christmas presents this year.

My boss assigned me to a new task next to my daily work.

The washing machine, especially since I watched “Victorian Farm” and got a glimpse at the hard work it used to be!

I enjoy either a cup of tea or hot cocoa, watch “Little Lord Fauntleroy” starring Alec Guinness and Ricky Shroder and nibble contently on some Christmas Cookies.

I don’t have a mistletoe.

2 Likes

I will be working in elderly rehab again. This time there’s a project running which I’ll also be involved with. :blush:

What does this festive weekend have in store for you?

Last Minute shopping including a proper Hard Case for my beloved Faith guitar.

What’s changed in your life in the last month?

Four Teeth removed. Temporary plate fitted. I can only eat ‘mush’ till my mouth gets used to the idea. It has meant I am doing nothing very energetic.

What’s your favourite household gadget and why?

My Tefal Actifry. I can prepare and eat as many chips as I like without worrying and I have no problem eating them – See 2 above

It’s Christmas day afternoon and you are sitting in the comfiest chair in front of the warmest fire and all the dishes are done, what do you chose to watch/listen to, drink and nibble on?

Gavin and Stacey – I’ve never seen it but will watch the Christmas Episode with interest. A glass of posh Cognac (XO at least). Proper home made Christmas cake with a slice of cheese on top.

Who (are you wishing) is first in line under your mistletoe?

My wife Karen, actually we don’t need much mistletoe (TMI sorry!)

1 Like

Exactly the same as all the other weekends! :wink:

I moved to a different desk in the office :roll_eyes:

My extendable back-scratcher gadget - an essential when you live on your own. :smiley:

I daren’t watch, drink or nibble anything - I’m in the wrong house as it is! :shushing_face:

The explorer and TV presenter Simon Reeve - definitely this year’s crush :blush:

2 Likes

I’m in the wrong house as it is!

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

A family Christmas with Brexit supporters, which will be challenging.

Being made redundant

My coffee machine, because I can make good cappuccinos for myself

I need to catch up on Craith. His Dark Materials has been my Sunday evening view as they are one of my favourite series of books. Fine Malt Whisky. Hazlenuts

Old friends I’ve lost through horrible misunderstandings

1 Like

Family things, online teaching on Sunday and hopefully a couple of challenges of SSiW.

Not much to be honest, which is a good thing!

My Amazon Echo - I love having music and radio on tap (despite the privacy concerns).

At the moment, one of a number of Welsh folk musicians, or Latin American cantautores, drinking single malt or brandy and eating leftovers.

My wife!

Unexpected hilarity, now @siaronjames has turned up. (You scratch my back, and I’ll scratch yours).

2 Likes

Parkrun, which I walk, this morning. Solstice party (never been to one before) this afternoon. Husband watching Shadowlands when I get back. Church tomorrow morning when I need to read out a message from the Bishop. Not working tomorrow night, whuch is unusual as a Sunday night shift is pretty normal for me.

Put weight on, when I’d much prefer not to.

Washing machine. Central heating. New boiler in the past month, hopefully now in good and certain working order.

Watch… whatver film he puts on. Is African Queen on?
Listen to… whatever he listens to. Perhaps some Terry Pratchett.
Drink. TT. Probably orange juice.
Nibble. I think there’s some Stollen in the house. Aldi in Cross Hands, A new Lidl opening in the New Year.

We don’t do mistletoe either. It’s unbelievably quiet, not to say boring around here.