Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 20/09/19

Sorry to be so late in the day posting!

1. Tomorrow we start a new chapter in our home as Aran’s mum moves back to Staffordshire after being in our care for 2 years. When was the last time you begun a new chapter?

2. What frivolous thing do you really want, but couldn’t possibly have?

3. Where are you going to?

4. Where have you been?

5. In the event of a storm we should always?

and a bonus…

1. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.
1 Like

1. Tomorrow we start a new chapter in our home as Aran’s mum moves back to Staffordshire after being in our care for 2 years. When was the last time you begun a new chapter?

In March I moved into the private sector.

The chapters before that were getting married and prior to that, buying our first home.

It’s frivolous because we can’t afford it but I really want am electric car. We also need more charging points.

The family way :grin:

4. Where have you been?

Last weekend we went to Amsterdam. Such a lovely city! Great restaurants, great layout, wonderful public transport, just great!

As Billy Connolly says; “there’s no such thing as bad weather just inappropriate clothing”

and a bonus…

6. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.

If you could design a city or the place where you live what would you create?

Having grown up in one of the most “designed” cities in the UK (Post-War Plymouth), I’d say that I’d keep the organic feel of a place. I’d have trams, wide cycle lanes, free Internet access, open spaces with places to sit and enjoy a the view with food and/or drink, encourage local shopping: butchers, bakeries, fruit and veg shops. Loads of charge points for electric cars. Communal recycling bins.

3 Likes

Tomorrow we start a new chapter in our home as Aran’s mum moves back to Staffordshire after being in our care for 2 years. When was the last time you begun a new chapter?
First of all, I wish Aran’s mum and Teulu Jones all the best on this new chapter. May it have benefits for all.
M & I each started new chapters some time ago on our respective retirements. Neither of us had any doubts that we would be able to fill our time (or keep it empty )

What frivolous thing do you really want, but couldn’t possibly have?
Rolls Royce Camargue (not yet accepted it’s impossible though :crossed_fingers: )

Where are you going to?
Madeira to celebrate Maureen’s coming of age

Where have you been?
On a voyage of discovery (have yet to discover much, though)

In the event of a storm we should always?
“Keep our heads up high and not be afraid of the dark” (I’m paraphrasing Carousel and specifically not any particular football song. :smile:

Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.
Q: Is it nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune?
A: Nope, it’s always better to … oppose and end them. :smile:

1 Like

Electric cars, Amsterdam and Billy Connolly - we have such a lot in common. :smile:
“The family way” Llongyfarchiadau" :champagne:

2 Likes

Last Sunday. With you and the kids… :slight_smile:

An Alfie Solomons mask.

A better world. Oh, that sounded a bit more terminal than I meant.

4. Where have you been?

On the way home.

Run as quickly as possible in a zig-zag pattern to avoid being struck by lightning.

[I’ve been testing this for years and it’s worked Every Single Time so far…]

and a bonus…

6. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.

How much longer do I have to wait before I can have another mid-life crisis?

Not. Long. Now.

2 Likes

I think you’re mixed up with escaping from a crocodile. Have you ever been mawled by a crocodile? :wink:

1 Like

No, he couldn’t change direction quickly enough.

AND he got struck by lightning.

1 Like

I’ve recently started showering regularly… :rofl:

A Golden Retriever… :dog2:

Greece in 20 days. First proper family holiday abroad in over 3 years. First time ever we’ll have taken the kids away for two whole weeks. :grin:

4. Where have you been?

On an emotional roller coaster…

Make soup.

1 Like