Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 20/03/2020 5️⃣

Bore da bawb!

A few extra ones today, just for fun…

1) You’re coming to mine for dinner and I ask you to bring desert, what do you bring?

2) When was the last time it was your fault?

3) You’re sat in the front row of a theatre with a bag of minstrels and a glass of your favourite tipple, what are you watching?

4) Finish this sentence - 'I’m currently one step away from…'

5) You’re in a beautiful garden in the warm sunshine, what do we find you doing?

6) Share a favourite quote…

7) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.

Have an amazing weekend everyone! :slight_smile:

1) You’re coming to mine for dinner and I ask you to bring desert, what do you bring?
My first answer would be “Pwdin Sir Fynwy” a sort of high calorie “Queen of Puddings” but I’d probably bring Maureen’s chocolate pavlova and a quart of cream.
8th May 1945 (The original VE Day). I was emerging (feet first!) from my mother and everyone else was outside having a street party. She never forgave me. Haven’t done anything wrong since :wink:
3) You’re sat in the front row of a theatre with a bag of minstrels and a glass of your favourite tipple, what are you watching?
Two burly bouncers preparing to throw me out for breaching the “No food, no drink” rules
discovering the meaning of life.
5) You’re in a beautiful garden in the warm sunshine, what do we find you doing?
Pinching myself to wake up :laughing:
“This above all, to thine own self be true”

Q: Who would you bump into in the above beautiful garden
A: Nia Parry :heart:

5 Likes

Q. Can you please, please change the subject
A. Yes, I agree, about time. Do you think we should have left the EU or stayed?

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Apple pie and custard. Heart warming, simple and great!

Depends how much sleep we’ve both had the night before. Last weekend our little sleep thief made pretty much everything my fault, this week it’s been much better and I’m less to blame.

Having recently seen Les Mis that’s satisfied that itch for a while. I’d like to see Under Milkwood again

I also want to see:
The Lion King
Miss Saigon
Mamma Mia
Book of Mormon (we have tickets for this for November :crossed_fingers:)

How long are we there?
Through the day: yoga, playing with my son, trying to do a handstand, reading, eating, trying to do a handstand, gardening, exercise, trying to do a handstand…icing the bruise on my head

“if you want to change the world, start with yourself” - Gandhi

It’s far easier to try, and fail, to change the world than heal our wounds.

Where in the UK would you most like to visit that you haven’t done yet?
This is a long list:
Loch Lomond
The Western Isles
Glasgow
Stirling
The Lake District
Lindisfarne
Durham
York
Fowey
The Peak District

4 Likes

**1) You’re coming to mine for dinner and I ask you to bring desert, what do you bring?
Nothing fancy, just homemade apple crumble, custard and ice-cream. :yum:

**2) When was the last time it was your fault?
Just now in the kitchen, I stood on Tessie’s paw. Sorry Tess. :frowning:

**3) You’re sat in the front row of a theatre with a bag of minstrels and a glass of your favourite tipple, what are you watching?
Something uplifting.

**4) Finish this sentence - 'I’m currently one step away from…
going to bed before going in for my night shift.

**5) You’re in a beautiful garden in the warm sunshine, what do we find you doing?
playing with my dogs or just sitting quietly.

**6) Share a favourite quote…
do unto others as you’d have others do unto you.

**7) Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it.
Are you willing to share an act of kindness shown to you? Something you will always remember no matter how big or small.
Mine concerns a lady who works in Asda in Llanelli. I had gone to pick up my niece and her baby. We couldn’t fold the pushchair and this lady, who was just finishing work came out, tried her utmost to help us then asked her husband to put the pushchair as it was into the back of their vehicle and they followed us home.
Kind of restores your faith. I have since taken her some flowers.

4 Likes

Usually I’d say tiramisù, but I’m really craving profiteroles right now. This made me realise I think I have everything I need to make them! Brb

About 5 days ago when I brought coronavirus, or at least some other cough and shortness-of-breath-causing thing to my flat :grimacing:

Finnish hiking videos

…finally starting to do my assignments. It’s a very long step though.

Climbing a tree

I never have any quotes ready to go! Hmm… I’ve spent about 5 minutes trying to think of any quote other than “be the change you want in this world” and I’m giving up now

4 Likes

A cheesecake. It’s always a cheesecake.

I have zero patience so it’s quite often my fault. I rarely get blamed though so I can’t complain.

Anything as long as my wife is next to me. Preferably something funny though, she loves to laugh.

The lyrics "… and I’m one step ahead of the shoe shine … " came immediately to mind when I read that. Now I’ll have to listen to it.

Watching the hoards of insects going about their business. We have a lavender in our back garden and I love to kneel in front of it and let the bumble bees fly all around me.

“What if I were smiling and running into your arms? Would you see then what I see now?” The last words in the diary of Christopher McCandless. (Ask me about the film.)

How do you know that there are 4 elephants in your fridge?

There’s a red mini parked outside.

(Only makes sense after hearing the 3 preceding jokes. :crazy_face:)

5 Likes

Is this “into the wild”?

1 Like

Dammo! Home-made profiteroles, and I can’t come!! Get well soon - we’re thinking of you.

1 Like

Yes mate, great film I’ve only seen once but really want to find the time to see again.

1 Like

Excellent film and Particularly interesting at this time!

1 Like

Homemade almond pudding. I don’t get to make it anymore at home, because the girls don’t like it, but it’s just soooo good.

It‘s always my fault… at least if you want to believe my kids.

Probably some Disney film with my girls.

… ordering a huge jar of red ink (I’m in the middle of grading a class test, and it really is that bad :frowning: ).

Sowing dye plants. (I just did that on my windowsill to plant them out on the balcony next month - I would love to have a beautiful garden to do that in.)

“There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit or There and Back again

Do I really have to?
No.

1 Like

A chocolate cake with melted chocolate as an ingredient and pieces of chocolate in it.

I might have accidentally destroyed one of my sister’s trousers by trying to iron them…but even the very low heat of the pressing iron turned out to be too much and the nylon fabric melted.

The brilliant “Salut Salon” - it is truly amazing to watch those four ladies mastering their instruments and there’s a lot of humour thrown in as well!

…looking for anyone with magical skills who could turn me into a cat. I could sleep as much as I wanted or cuddle up to someone or whatever I felt up to at the moment and no one would mind it, because cats always to what they want anyway.

Walking around to and taking in the warmth and the colours and the smells or simply lying in the grass beneath a tree and watching the shafts of sunlight between the leaves.

“First things first but not necessarily in that order”
Doctor Who

Are you mad?
Possibly. I mean, I think everybody is mad to some extend. Otherwise, where would be the fun in live?

3 Likes

some other cough and shortness-of-breath

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery :smile:

1 Like

:blush::sweat_smile:

Home made chocolate mousse

This morning when I half filled the sink with water that was too hot for the dishwasher person.

Opera!

Getting to grips with the weekly email… I think… :wink:

Sipping a cold spritzer and listening to the birds. Getting up every now and then to take a photo.

“Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.” - Henry David Thoreau

1. The Great Sandy. :wink: Or possibly brownies.
  2. Probably recently. Although I don’t remember. Like Mary Poppins, I am practically perfect in every way
  3. I don’t know what minstrels are, I’m guessing some kind of losin? That’s a tough combination.With sweets, I’d probably be watching something like Galaxy Quest. With wine, a classic like To Kill a Mockingbird. Oh, can I sit in the front row and watch Rhys Ifans in that? That would be perfect!
  4. …the book I was going to read last weekend and haven’t touched yet
  5. Read a book. Though probably not the one from the previous question.
  6. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don’t. From “Bones”
    7)That sounds like work… I’ll see what I can do…
2 Likes