Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday five - 19/05/17

Simple pleasure:

Cuddling our brand-new grandson or watching someone else (proud Dad in this case) cuddling him:

:slight_smile: (1st upload, done from my phone didnā€™t work, so re-done via computer)

12 Likes

If you were to gather together a group of friends for a weekend of activity, what would that activity be?
Kayaking round the Welsh coast.

What simple pleasure is making you happy today?
Finding the one place in the garden where I can plant my perfect gift, a rowan tree, without blocking my neighboursā€™ view. Years of birdwatching pleasure in prospect!

If you could enrol in new lessons, what would they be?
Simple boating skills, so I can get to, and potter around, my very own (fantasy) island.

What would you bring to the barbecue?
Wild salad, elderflower wine and Tatjana, to tend the barbecue.

Whatā€™s your all time favourite movie? Convince us why itā€™s the best!
We watch old musicals endlessly here, and the only one I can still bear is the old, colour-saturated version of ā€˜South Pacificā€™. OK, maybe itā€™s not THE BEST, but nearly every song is a winner, thereā€™s a serious look at racism, and by comparison with some of the othersā€¦

2 Likes

If you were to gather together a group of friends for a weekend of activity, what would that activity be?

Probably walkingā€¦ I donā€™t do that enough usually since itā€™s so easy to just jump on a tram or bus. Oh, and it would be in Wales of course :smile:

What simple pleasure is making you happy today?

My hammock. When we have to wash the bedsheets Iā€™m too lazy to put them back so I end up sleeping in the hammock for weeks. Itā€™s the best.

If you could enrol in new lessons, what would they be?

Hmmā€¦ Beekeeping or woodworking, I think. Iā€™d like to learn to sing too though.

What would you bring to the barbecue?

Food - My first thought when I read this was avocados but apparently Aran has stolen that, soā€¦ :smile: Bell peppers that you grill, peel, and then cut into pieces and put in a bowl with garlic, oil and balsamic vinegar. They probably have a name but I have no idea what it isā€¦

Drink - Cold water with ice and a bit of lemon :stuck_out_tongue:

Something else - a ukulele for @netmouse to play. Or the hammock if there would be somewhere to attach it to

Whatā€™s your all time favourite movie? Convince us why itā€™s the best!

Aah, I donā€™t know! Lord of the Rings or Good Will Hunting or The Shawshank Redemptionā€¦ or Dead Poets Society, orā€¦

4 Likes

Hehe, hope this gardenā€™s big enough for everyone else to take cover! :laughing: :joy:

3 Likes

This dragon wants to give him a cwtch. Heā€™s lovely and very young!
What is his name?[quote=ā€œNovem, post:23, topic:8264ā€]
The Shawshank Redemption
[/quote]
For movies people under 60 remember, Iā€™ll agree with this one! For my generation, Iā€™d add Seven Pillars of Wisdom and Doctor Zhivago!

1 Like

Well, I could do that, but my husband does it much better. Can I bring him with? :slight_smile: [quote=ā€œNovem, post:23, topic:8264ā€]
Bell peppers that you grill, peel, and then cut into pieces and put in a bowl with garlic, oil and balsamic vinegar. They probably have a name but I have no idea what it isā€¦
[/quote]

@Novem were you ever in the exYugoslavia area? This is the dish we did many times in the past. Lots of garlic! And, we never cut peppers but just peel them and put them into ā€œmarinadeā€ like this. We call the dish simply ā€œgrilled paprikaā€ (pečena paprika) and youā€™d like to prepare them a day or two before youā€™d actually eat them. The longer they are in the ā€œmarinadeā€ the better! Yummy! EXCELLENT CHOICE!

ā€œTop gunā€!
In 80s youngsters ā€œinventedā€ the name for this drink just that there was just a slice of lemon thrown into the water. When youngsters were going to disco club or some party theyā€™d know this is the drink theyā€™d get for free and at the same time the name was cool, wasnā€™t it. After all bartenders figured out why youngsters always want to get such dring they started to charge for it too ā€¦ so beer was flowing in streams again rather then paying for water and lemon ā€¦ :slight_smile:

Iā€™d like to hear that! :slight_smile:

The most cute and beautiful thing I saw today until now. :slight_smile: Chiers to proud daddy! (and to all the family in that matter). I bet grandfather spoils this little guy as much as heā€™s allowed to (and a bit beyond that ā€¦ :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nope, but really interesting! I think itā€™s pretty popular in Italy as well, especially in Naples :slight_smile:

I just asked my mom and apparently we call it ā€œPeperoni allā€™insalataā€ :smile:

Diolch! :blush:

1 Like

1 If you were to gather together a group of friends for a weekend of activity, what would that activity be ?

One of the many Folk Music Festivals.

2 What simple pleasure is making you happy today?

A bath.
I wasnā€™t allowed a bath for three months and now I really enjoy it.

3 If you could enrol in new lessons, what would they be?

Playing a harp. Iā€™m getting to an age were it might become useful, too.

4 What would you bring to the barbecue?

I completely agree with those who would take bananas.
One of those giant cans of Hobgoblin.
The portable gazebo for when it rains.

5 Whatā€™s your all time favourite movie? Convince us why itā€™s the best!

Legally blonde. It gets funnier each time you watch it.

2 Likes

YES! What a great film and an amazing performance by Robin Williams.

1 Like

Yes! Twinkle Brothers, King Tubby, Prince Jammy, Mad Professor, Aigustus Pablo, Don Carlos ā€¦

1 Like

If you were to gather together a group of friends for a weekend of activity, what would that activity be ? canoeing with a picnic!

What simple pleasure is making you happy today? playing ball with the dog on a freshly cut lawn

If you could enrol in new lessons, what would they be? easyā€¦ clocsio! always wanted to do Welsh clogging.

You are invited to a summer barbecue and are being asked to bring with you three things, one food item, one drink and one ā€˜something elseā€™. What would you bring to the barbecue? cubes of cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks, aloe vera juice, and an umbrella!

Whatā€™s your all time favourite movie? Convince us why itā€™s the best! really difficult to choose my all time favourite but the shortlist would be Galaxy Quest (hilarious with a stellar cast), Spinal Tap (classic for anyone whoā€™s ever been involved in the music scene), Rocky Horror Picture Show (superb sing-a-long), Cool Runnings (always makes me laugh and cry), Bedazzled (for different reasons I love both the original with the genius Peter Cook and the version with the gorgeous Brendan Fraser!)

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen The Shawshank Redemption, but I totally agree with your other choices! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Genius!

2 Likes

Ww, ww, I want that one tooā€¦ :slight_smile:[quote=ā€œNovem, post:23, topic:8264ā€]
My first thought when I read this was avocados but apparently Aran has stolen that
[/quote]

Oh, I hope I didnā€™t give anyone the impression that I would share my avocados. Youā€™ll have to bring your own if you want someā€¦:wink:

2 Likes

Diolch @henddraig: Yndy, mae oā€¦two whole days old now! :smile:

Jerome.[quote=ā€œtatjana, post:26, topic:8264ā€]
The most cute and beautiful thing I saw today until now. :slight_smile: Chiers to proud daddy! (and to all the family in that matter).
[/quote]

Diolch Tatjana

:smile:

1 Like

Tell his Mam and Dad, that is a great name and not very common now, which is good as he is unlikely to have two others in his class!

1 Like

Maureen and I need to find a quiet corner and a large bottle of something delightful, I thinkā€¦ :wink:

O!!! Llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn, iawn!!! He looks delicious! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I LOVE birdwatching! :grin:

Singing, interesting alcohol ans so much delicious food! I think we may have to make this barbecue happen at some pointā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

Tatjana, youā€™ve been to my island! And of course your husband is welcome - I expect his Welsh is, by default, pretty good these days?

1 Like

He knows when @tatjana would like coffee! Heā€™s a lovely man.

1 Like

IF YOU WERE TO GATHER A GROUP OF FRIENDS FOR A WEEKEND OF ACTIVITY WHAT WOULD THAT ACTIVITY BE ?
A weekend camping up the mountain like the good old days . A camp fire , a few beers , food , music and lots of laughs
WHAT SIMPLE PLEASURE IS MAKING YOU HAPPY TODAY ?
Sitting in the garden with a bottle of Budweiser after a long walk up the mountain
IF YOU COULD ENROL IN NEW LESSONS WHAT WOULD THEY BE ?
To learn how to hypnotise people
YOU ARE INVITED TO A BBQ AND HAVE TO BRING 3 THINGS , FOOD , DRINK AND SOMETHING ELSE
Some crocodile meat , crate of Budweiser and my sunglasses so I can look cool :smile:
WHAT IS YOUR ALL TIME FAVOURITE MOVIE ?
Hmm bit stuck on this as I donā€™t watch many films but one that really sticks in my head is a true story film called Touching The Void about 2 guys who went mountain climbing. It is a story of unbelievable survival against all odds . It really makes you question yourself and think , what would I have done in that situation ?

2 Likes