Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 11/12/20 🎄

Bore da bawb! :smiley:

Here are is a bumper selection of heartwarming and frivolous, festive questions, to put a smile on your face, lift spirits and stir up a bit of harmless fun. I hope you all have a happy and safe weekend. :blush:

1) Go on, I know you want to, share with us your your favourite religious or non religious festive song.

2) What’s the most memorable festive experience you’ve ever had?

4) What random item would you love to see under your tree this year (whether it fits or not)

5) To tinsel or not to tinsel?

6) How festive are your surroundings? Feel free to share photos!

7) What in your opinion is the best way to jingle all the way?

8) Bring back a festive tradition from your childhood. :christmas_tree:

9) Rename all of Sion Corn’s 9 reindeer with Welsh names

10) Who would you like to see standing in line under your mistletoe?

1 Like

1) Go on, I know you want to, share with us your your favourite religious or non religious festive song.
Okay -
So here it is,
Merry Christmas…

Visiting an ex-girlfriend in New York over Christmas and staying in a flat with no furniture. Early evening on Christmas Eve a street seller wanted to finish up so he gave us his last tree for nothing. On the subway we ended up chatting with everyone in the carriage. It brightened up the living room too, even though it had no decorations and was leaning against the wall.

4) What random item would you love to see under your tree this year (whether it fits or not)
A derelict chapel in Wales ready to renovate.

Well, my wife likes not to tinsel and I like to tinsel. If we get a tree this year it might look a bit like the one in New York.

They go up Christmas Eve. I won’t say when they come down.

My kids (ages 20-30) think I am like their Grampy (my dad). He always had coins in his pocket and jingled them when he was standing. I do the same.

8) Bring back a festive tradition from your childhood.
Watching a Morecambe and Wise Christmas show.

Um, I did start to think of naming them after some of the recent posters here but thought I should steer clear of that one. So, I think I would call them Rhiwdolff after a famous one from Lapland. And, yes, just the one name for them all - don’t all reindeers look the same?

I’ve got a better idea about who I wouldn’t like to see standing under it!

There are so many, but I have been known to warble along to ‘Last Christmas’ by Wham! or ‘I Believe in Father Christmas’ by Greg Lake while cooking Christmas lunch

Going to Dinas Dinlle beach with our dog on the morning of Christmas Day for our first Welsh Christmas. It’s become a tradition for us now. Last year my husband’s family were staying and our niece and nephew absolutely loved doing it too.

An absolutely enormous ball, just to see the look on the dog’s face

TINSEL

Not at all at the moment, sorry! We normally put everything up after we’ve both finished work for Christmas, so next weekend will be The Time

Wear mini-bells as earrings and put the Dolly Parton Christmas album on loud

All the lights off on Christmas Eve apart from the lights on the Christmas tree and the fire in the grate, utter silence, and the first notes of ‘Once in Royal David’s City’ coming out of the radio at the start of ‘Carols from King’s’. Magical, and I still do it every year.

Eira, Seren, Glaw, Heulwen, Cwmwl, Noson, Adam Price

My beloved husband. Lucky, that :wink:

2 Likes

Go on, I know you want to, share with us your your favourite religious or non religious festive song.

Religious - o little town/dawel ddinas Bethlehem

Non-religious - 2000 miles by the Pretenders
Mainly for the lines:
2000 miiiiiiiiiiiles
Is very far

Probably our trip to visit my brother in Munich…but I can’t really remember what happened…(joke joke joke, i’ll get my coat)

No it was lovely, we went to loads of Christmas markets, including a lovely train ride to Salzburg which is a beautiful walled city.

We’re in need of a new car so i’d love to see a drive way with an electric charging point please

We haven’t at home but have in work. I do love tinsel

We have a bit of a grotto in our dining room

Family, family, friends, and family

It’s never really left, my Dad’s Christmas morning full Irish, with the Bells of Dublin album by the Chieftains playing

Taran - Donnor
Gwener - Vixen
Dawnsiwr - Prancer
Comed - Comet
Mellten - Blitzen
Rhuthr - Dasher
Ton - i wanted to carry on with the imagery of powerful nature
Llif - as above
Rhiannon - Rudolph was the guide, therefore, Rhiannon seems the most fitting translation

My wife is number 1

Fictional character, Lagertha

1 Like

“O Come Let Us Adore Him”

Going to the Christmas light festival in Cambria with my family

A trip to Wales

No tinsel on our tree this year

Our tree has been up since a week before Thanksgiving, my husband put out his two Christmas villages this week, and my Christmas tree collection is out on the coffee table.

with friends loudly singing!

My siblings and I begging our parents to let us open one gift on Christmas eve.

I don’t know enough Welsh names to rename them! :frowning:

My husband <3

1 Like