1) How did you see the New Year in?
We had take away burgers from Ansh (fantastic new burger bar in Treganna, everything is in Welsh first, all staff are Welsh speaking)
Watched a couple of episodes of Bridgerton (very easy watch)
We were in bed at 10.30 (our new years day was going to start at 6:20am thanks to the soon to be 1 year old)
2) In which way has living in a pandemic changed your perspective on life?
I reflect on this a lot. It’s helped me recognise anxiety, in myself and others. It’s helped me recognise how much i enjoy being outdoors. It’s also helped me find meditation. (I should add, all of this started before the pandemic when my wife was pregnant, but the pandemic helped me solidify a lot of this learning)
It’s helped me understand the importance of checking in on everyone. Shown just how important it is not to put off plans (my brothers still haven’t met my son, and i still haven’t met two of my cousins).
3) If you made any New Year’s resolutions, how do you intend to keep them?
I am following a running programme to help me complete a half marathon (ive pushed back the date of the original plan to March)
I am meditating for at least 10 minutes a day straight after lunch.
I have found alcohol free beer helps me feel like i’m joining in when others have a drink.
4) What are you looking forward to in 2021?
My son - he turns one in a couple of weeks and is just brilliant. I’m really enjoying growing with him
Seeing my family when we can
5) What are you grateful to the year 2020 for giving/bringing you?
My son. He’s brought me so much. Helped me learn so much about myself and brings so much joy
and a couple of bonuses…
6) Share with us five positives in your life right now?
I have my health
I have a secure job that I enjoy
7) Make up your own new year themed question and answer it…
If there is one thing you’d recommend to everyone what would it be?
Take responsibility for your reactions