Practicing welsh on skype

Thanks for the words of encouragement Karla! I’ll PM you about when we want to do it and my Skype details and such if that is good with you?

1 Like

Great, I look forward to hearing from you! :smile:

My skype name is Pete4080

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll add you. :smile:

1 Like

Hey @petejones do you mind if i add you as well? Maybe we could also Skype sometime if you wanted. Also maybe sometime we could do a group call or whatever…

1 Like

Hi Ben. Welcome. We have similar stories. I too am learning northern, have been at it just a few months longer and live in the southern US (w/nobody to practice on). That’s not true, I do quasi-participate in the Saturdays’ Group Skype (listed elsewhere in this forum), but I think that perhaps I’d do a bit better with mini one-on-one sessions w/a northern speaker (who’s closer to my own level). Anyway, would love to chat…feel free to add me (mikesbox330).

2 Likes

Aright sweet! I’ll add you on skype I’m sure we can find a time to skype in the next week or two. And also I didn’t know there was a Saturday group that got together that sounds really cool! Is there any more space in it or info about it?

Hi Ben yes you can add me . I’m going on vacation for about nine days. Sunday would be my best time to chat .sometimes if I’m asked to work on Sundays . I will let you know saterday night if that happens.where I’m going I don’t know if I have Internet if I get I will start posting.

L

Hi mikesbox330 would it be ok for me to add you?

1 Like

Sorry for the late response. Absolutely. Feel free.

Okay, I am terrified to do this, but it is way past time I spoke Welsh with someone other than myself. Would anyone that speaks Southern like to Skype with me? I am currently on Course 2 Gwers 4, and I have only done the first Vocab lesson so far. I have a mic but no video capability right now, so it would be just voice Skype. I am in the Eastern US, so GMT-4 now, which is 5 hours behind Wales. Diolch!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to hearing how this goes!

1 Like

I would, @annaC but I’m the lousy one to speak to … Hearing myself how it went with @margaretnock I’m even more terrified … Something like this …

However I’m soooooo tempted at the same time … …but no, no, you wouldn’t learn anything from me … :frowning:

1 Like

I could try. I have a disabled person at home so it can be tough for me to schedule. But, I haven’t yet done any talking to anyone either. Haven’t been able to keep up with lessons lately so you may find you’re better than me.

2 Likes

Have sent you a PM.

2 Likes

Diolch to all of you…I’ve sent PMs.

1 Like

Okay, I did it! Diolch yn fawr iawn iawn, @margaretnock for your kindness and patience! I learned a lot! I didn’t do nearly as well as I had hoped, but I feel great to have actually spoken Welsh. I kept needing words I don’t know in Welsh yet, and I can’t wait until I get to the lessons with possessive pronouns, third person plural and clauses :slight_smile: So now I’m off to work on the next lesson…

Dw i’n hapus! Diolch eto!

3 Likes

For a first real conversation, instead of saying what Iestyn wants you to say, you were great! We’ll do it again next week. And concentrate on what you CAN say, which was quite a lot when you compare with six months ago, and you will carry on being great!

5 Likes

What a great way to help a fellow learner - big round of applause from here to Margaret (and to Craig for being willing to jump in too!)… :star: :star2:

I always find it incredibly inspiring to see learners helping each other :heart:

2 Likes

Yah. @margaretnock is a tutor in deed (in good manner of course (not to be missunderstood)). Her work highly appriciated from my end too. Bu, I’m still puzzled about how and what to prepare for the next one session … phiew … makes me nervous. :slight_smile: I actually never did things this way and am prety lost.

But, yes, I’m “climbing the mountain” slowly …

2 Likes