Practice your spanish - the 15 minute swap

I have a Spanish friend in Madrid who speaks beautiful Spanish and would like to practice her English. Her name is Laura and she has been very helpful helping me practice speaking Spanish.

She would like to hear from anyone on the “Saysomethingin” Spanish Forum who would be willing to spend some minutes speaking English with her. She is equally willing to speak Spanish with you and give you helpful pointers in exchange.

Please don’t be shy and contact Laura by email at:

laurapimba<at>hotmail.com

I use Skype video to practice speaking Spanish with Laura. Just introduce yourself via email saying you saw this message on the’’ Saysomething in’’ Forum and suggest a method of linking with Laura e.g. via Skype.

Good Luck and happy practicing,

Justin

I hope this helps find someone for her - although it may be a little early in the day for the Spanish forum, which isn’t very busy yet - with luck, we’ll manage to reach more people in 2015… :sunny:

I am still very excited at the possibility of an imminent release of Spanish Course #2??

Meanwhile, I am ploughing through the vocabulary lessons of Welsh Course #2 which is a really beautiful course.

The first session is currently being checked, so we’ll be starting the publish in the very near future (worth bearing in mind that we won’t be releasing all 25 at once, of course, since they all have to go through the importing/checking process :sunny: ).

And thank you very much indeed for your lovely words - I think the vocab lessons are a bit clunky, something of a low point, and Course 3 is a bit repetitive, too - you might be better off pushing on with the new Level 1 stuff over there…:slight_smile:

Well, having completed the Vocab Sessions for course 2, I do think you are a bit hard on yourself. I found them excellent. So if that is your low point your high point must require star gazing!

I love the final lesson where you construct something that can be used as a refresher if one is away from the language for a while. This concept of a refresher lesson is a breakthrough in itself.

I have just one suggestion. Perhaps you would consider including a #9a bonus lesson prior to doing battle with the #10 ‘‘test’’. It should contain all the normal expletives that escape involuntarily when one stumbles numerous times at the first attempts at the test. Surely Welsh has some choice swear-words!

Of course all the torture is more than compensated for when Eirwen has to reach for a dictionary when I am speaking Welsh to her. Not to mention the sweet taste of victory on the rare occasions when I correct her own Welsh.

Course 3, lesson 2 awaits me, tomorrow morning.

Mae rhai di mi bruschio i gysgu rwyan (Dwyn medri siarad on dwy ddim yn medri ysgrifennu eto!)

Many, many thanks for a wonderful life-changing educational experience,

Justin

Justin, thank you so much. Comments like that give me so much energy and enthusiasm, they literally (yes, literally!) make my entire day feel sunnier and more fun :sunny:

Ah, yes, a swearing lesson - you’re not the first to suggest that would be a good idea…:wink:

Many, many congratulations on having put so much effort in, and on getting such wonderful results :star: :star2:

Laura’s new email address is: lasenjomarin@hotmail.com

I use Skype video to practice speaking Spanish with Laura. Just introduce yourself via email saying you saw this message on the’’ Saysomething in’’ Forum and suggest a method of linking with Laura e.g. via Skype.

Good Luck and happy practicing,

Justin

1 Like

With this brilliant Level 2 Spanish being generated at record pace I am sure 2015 brings in a record number of Spanish afficionados

1 Like

Insha’allah! :sunny:

Email sent!

2 Likes

Laura now has a full load with the the latest contacts from SSiSpanish and her heavy teaching commitments in Madrid. So for now she is having to close her doors with respect to adding further contacts. I hope that those of you who have already contacted her enjoy your sessions with her and vice versa.

Justin

1 Like

Hi, I am doing the Bobsled exercise and this is my written exercise that I have been told to try so therefore, I hope that this is the right place thanks. Hola, mi amo Pedro, frase y quiero aprender espanol, mi gustaria aprender mas, frase soy de Neuva Zelandra y la vida en Australia. frase que me gusta aprender espanol otra vez y estoy agradecida a usted. frase dire adios por ahora y gracias.

Excellent, well done Peter! Most of the sense of that came through loud and clear (although I think you might want to change ‘mi amo’ to ‘me llamo’… :sunny: