Positive Psychology and Learning Welsh - Dissertation Project

Shwmae pawb,

I am hoping to research the role of positive psychology in second language Welsh learning for my dissertation as part of the MA Language and Communication Research programme at Cardiff University. In order to do so, I need a few volunteers who would be willing to take part.

Participating in the study would involve filling in a confidence-building diary (a template will be provided) by recording positive things that have happened relating to learning Welsh three times per week for a two week period – each day’s entry should take around 15 minutes to complete. This will be followed by a questionnaire asking about the participant’s experiences and thoughts about using the diary. I am looking for adult participants (aged 18 or over) who are currently learning Welsh primarily using a university course, another formal class, or are self-taught (including using SSi/Duolingo/books). They can be based anywhere in the world, and can have been learning for any period of time.

If you would be interested, please send me an email (paicesm@cardiff.ac.uk) no later than Friday 2nd July 2021 and I’ll provide more details. If you have any queries or would like more information, please get in touch using the same email address.

Diolch yn fawr!
Susannah

3 Likes

That sounds very interesing, Susannah, and great to see someone doing the same MA that I did back in 2008/2009 though I imagine with the Covid restrictions it would have been somewhat different for you.

I hope your research goes well for you!

1 Like

Hi Susannah
Sounds great.
I’ll send an email later :grin:
John

1 Like

Would love to help. I’ll send an email now.

1 Like