Portmadog

Is there any new learners in the Portmadog / Dolbenmaen area who would like to meet up?

Hi Vicki!

I know that there are regular meet ups in Penygroes on Wednesday evenings at the ex serviceman club and there are Saturday meet ups in Pals Print on Saturdays. Not sure if there’s anything in Porthmadog. There may be someone else here who can give you more info. I think @norajones is the one to ask about the Porthmadog meet up and maybe @Stine would be able to give you more infor on the Caernarfon meet up.

Helo @vicki-hon a @CatrinLliarJones
I’m sure there are new learners in the Porthmadog area. There is a group that there meets once a month at the Sportsman (opposite Siop Eifionydd, near Tesco) on the third Saturday of every month at 11am.
I don’t know of any Garn Dolbenmaen groups, but, as pointed out by Catrin, there is a weekly meetup at 7pm each Wednesday at the Ex-Servicemen’s Club (Clwb Bach) in Penygroes. There isn’t anynody there some weeks, so if you;re interested, why not ask to join the Facebook page “Sgwrs a Pheint Dyffryn Nantlle” where one of us usually posts on a weekly basis as to whether or not there will be someone there. I have to add that members of this group have become increasingly fluent over the years. Any Welsh speakers at any level are welcome!
The meetings in Caernarfon are held at Palas Print in Stryd y Plas and I am sure that Eirian, the owner, would be more than happy to let you know the days and times that the group meets there. (01286 674631).
Alternately, you could ring Cymraeg for Oedolion at Bangor University (Welsh for Adults) and ask for Bethan Glyn (01248 382752). Bethan can also be found on Facebook and can supply information about all local groups’ times and meeting places.
Waw, mae gen i lawer i ddeud! :slight_smile:
What a ramble that was! All the best @vicki-hon a diolch @CatrinLliarJones

1 Like

Ffab, Nora! Diolch! X

Thanks, @CatrinLliarJones & hi, @vicki-hon! The Caernarfon Palas Print group meets on a Sat morning every 2nd & 4th week of each month. The most recent one was last week, so the next one is 11am on Sat 12th Oct.

There’s also a group on Y Groeslon which meets on the first Friday evening of each month, so will be meeting at 7pm this coming Friday, 4 Oct in the Neuadd/village hall. PM me if you want to know more. You get free tea & cake at that one too :wink:

Thankyou for this. I shall have another read tomorrow with my diary next to me and see if I can join anyone. I can’t remeber is the sportsman up steps?

The front entrance of the Sportsman has 3 low steps but there is ramped access into the hotel & its bars if you go in via the garage entrance. [Not that we go there quite a bit, oh no :wink:]