Permanent Google Hangout for SSiW

Is anyone here interested in having access to a permanent SSiW Google Hangout?
This is a Hangout (think Skype with a group, if you are not familiar with it), free, and always on, 7/24.

I am thinking of creating one. This could be useful if you have the urge to have sgwrs yn y Gymraeg, if you want to ask a question (although the forum is probably a better vehicle), or just want to chat in general with whoever happens to be online at the time.

If I don’t receive any negative comments, I’ll set one up and give access to the existing SSiW communities of which I am aware (one for US/worldwide, one for Australia). Or any others, as required.

Let me know what you think please.

Sounds like a great idea to me, Louis Delighted

I love this idea too. I may value some support in getting started. I have been in a hang out once or twice and am unsure if I can refind my way there :slight_smile:
Warm wishes and thanks for the intiative.

Elkie

I’m not sure I’d ever use it but it’s a brilliant idea. Go for it. :wink:

Sounds like a great idea, Louis! Cer amdani! Haven’t tried a hangout before, but I’d definitely give it a go. Really like the idea of being able to just pop in and have a sgwrs yn Gymraeg when there’s a free moment.

Syniad da !

Fabulous idea Louis!!! I can see this really catching on! :slight_smile:

Dw i’n cytuno!

yes please, sounds like the perfect motivation for me to figure out how to use google hangout…
diolch yn fawr.

I’d be interested too, although no idea how it all works.

I’d be very interested Louis. You say that there is an existing US/Worldwide SSiW community, but when I search communities on Google+ I only find the Australian one. What am I missing?

Hi Jeff, the one I meant is called “SaySomethinginWelsh” and has the familiar SSiW logo :slight_smile:

Thank you for your replies, all. No one has said no, perfect.

I’ve created an event called SSiW Permanent Hangout, which happens to be a Hangout :slight_smile:
Some time today I intend to invite the two SSiW communities I am aware of: SaySomethinginWelsh, (208 members) and SSiW Australia (30 members), and if you are a member of either, you are likely to get a notification of some sort.
If you are not a member of either, and you want to join in, you can either request to join these communities, or please send me a PM with your Google+ email so I can add you to the permanent hangout.
The process for hanging out is:

1. Go to the Google+ site
  2. Log in (you need to create a login if you don’t have one, but it is free)
  3. Click ‘Home’, then ‘Events’, and the permanent hangout should appear under ‘upcoming events’
  4. Join
  5. Introduce yourself and chat with whoever is there, for as long or short as you will. Quite possibly nobody is there and you just hang out by yourself until someone else shows up.

You will need a microphone and speakers or headphone. Video is optional, but makes interaction easier, particularly when there are a few people on-line. The SSiW rules of engagement apply :slight_smile:

Oh, and please remember, this is highly experimental…who knows what can go right…or wrong…

Great idea, thanks for organising this!
I’ll pm you my google id and hope to get on some time soon.

Sounds good to me. I’ll give it a try.

Well done, Louis, it works a treat. The sound and picture seem to be better than Skype

Can’t find this hangout. I followed the instructions and got nowhere so I tried searching for SSiW Permanent Hangout, but my Mac couldn’t find any results for that search. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Douglas - do you mind PM-ing me your google id, so I can send you an invite? I won’t be able to send invites until I am back from my father-in-law’s 89th birthday celebrations, on Monday.

@Andy, thanks for your help, yes, it seemed quite stable - and you looked very good! :slight_smile:

I’m there now…:slight_smile:

On my own sadly, but it works!! I have sent an invite to everyone in my SSiW circle, so sorry if you’ve already had one from Louis.

Can we just click on this link to get there…?

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/cdcmvsv55df4nukk0q53h00ia9o

@Andy, thanks for your help, yes, it seemed quite stable - and you looked very good! :slight_smile:

I’m going to get that embroidered on a sampler and hang it over the bed :slight_smile: Looking cool yourself, I’d say :slight_smile: