Pen pals?

Bore da,

I am moving to North Wales in the next few months and would really like to improve my Welsh almost to a point where I can be having conversations with locals by Christmas time ( a rough guide ).

I think it would only be right, but also beneficial to me to learn Welsh as it will allow me to be part of the community, but also show the respect to the local people that I’m trying to integrate in their culture. Plus, my pet hate is people not even trying to speak Welsh when they have moved.

I am looking for someone who would be happy to have a genersl conversation every so often, talk about our day, what we have done and what we are going to do, I am learning on some plaforms but the input of a human when conversing is a catalyst I find.

Im in my 20’s but will chat to anyone of any age and gender, I won’t be constantly messaging just here and there or whenever you would be happy to.

Diolch!

1 Like

I think you might find our groups on Slack useful for this. If you’re not already a member, email admin@saysomethingin.com and ask for an invitation to the WSP (Welsh Speaking Practice) group - there are various chat groups already existing but you can also arrange 1-to-1 chats there too.

You might also like to join in with the regular Saturday Zoom at Noon chat - just let Rich know in that thread that you’d like to join in and he’ll send you the login info.