Patagonia Visit

For those of you who want to follow my blog as we spend nearly 3 weeks in Y Wladfa, here is the link:

http://adventuresofbigal.wordpress.com

Many thanks to Aran. I am a first-time blogger! Just hope it turns out OK.

2 Likes

Shwmae Alison, Tiā€™n iawn? Dw iā€™n edrych ymlaen i gweld dy blog oā€™r Wladfa.
Hi Alison, I am looking forward to seeing your blog from Patagonia. I enjoyed your video from la Tasca in Cardiff so between the two languages youā€™ll be fine. Querio hablar espaƱol tambien. I know you are going to have a wonderful time ā€¦so enjoy and letĀ“s hear all about it. Pob hwyl. Menna

Hope you both have a wonderful time, Alison! Look forward to following your exploits. :slight_smile:

What Jon T says.
Mwynhewch!
Are you going to be conversing in Spanish or Welsh? :smile:

Both, Iā€™d assume.

Ceidi hwyl

Weā€™ll be ā€œusingā€ both, and also English (loud and slow of course!), and gesticulations! But just in case we are not understood, we have a guide from Teithiau Tango to help with communication and travel.

Helo Alison,
Shw mae heddiw? Gobeithio tiā€™n iawn.
I recall that you told us about your intended trip to Patagonia. I managed to find your blog just recently and enjoyed it very much. Thank you. Did you manage to post any photos by any chance ā€¦if so where would I find them, please?

No, sorry! I never did post them! However, if you are in Cardiff you are welcome to see them. When I have a little more time (in about a month I hope!) maybe I should try to make them accessible by invitation, but at the moment they wouldnā€™t be of much interest as they have no titles!

Patagonia is well worth a visit - especially if you have any connection with Wales or geology. We concentrated merely on the Welsh connection, but a geologist friend went much farther south to experience the unique geology and was bowled over by it.

1 Like

Shwmae, Since last we spoke we are all set to visit Ariannin/Y Wladfa /Brazil, leaving next week. Will be able to celebrate Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant out there so really looking forward to it. Hopefully will also get a chance to say a few words in both Welsh and Spanish. Of course it is important from our Welsh perspective and also from the Geological pont of view - the Museum will be very interesting Iā€™m sure. Matthew Rhysā€™ book which I picked up at the Eisteddfod last year, had been an inspiration. Thank heavens for digital cameras I say, couldnā€™t ppossibly wait for films to be developed! Pob Hwyl,

3 Likes

Have just returned from 3 weeks in South America, Y Wladfa and Rio de Janeiro. We have had the most unforgettable experience of a lifetime. Seeing incredible scenery, meeting wonderful, friendly people, enjoying good food and company. Diolch yn fawr SSIW and Teithiau Tango.

3 Likes

Oops! I forgot to mention, we also met this fellow en route to Gaiman. He hasnā€™t been named yet but is the largest dinosaur to be discovered in the known world.

3 Likes

Shwmae Ali, dy niā€™n wedi mynd i Ariannin ac Y Wladfa - dw iā€™n meddwyl mae eā€™n ā€˜Ardderchogā€™.
Mae gen i llawer o darluniau - hyfryd iawn.