Oxford Welsh learners group

See you at the Riverside Café, if anyone else is going. Otherwise, I have a book and a magazine!

1 Like

Helo bawb - on Thursday night it’s the time for dancing, merriment & lighting of bonfires to celebrate Gŵyl Ifan Ganol Haf/Alban Hefin, the summer solstice. What better way to prepare than coming to our Abingdon meetup on Tuesday or to wind down by joiing us in the Weston Library on Thursday :slightly_smiling_face:

• 13:00 Tuesday 18th June/ dydd Mawrth 18eg mis Mehefin ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 21st June / dydd Gwener 21ain mis Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

I am back from Abertawe and hope to be at the meetups on Tuesday and on Friday.
Sue

1 Like

Helo bawb - just to confirm this week’s meetups. Newcomers at all levels welcome - do please get in touch if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

• 13:00 Tuesday 25th June/ dydd Mawrth 25ain mis Mehefin ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 28th June / dydd Gwener 28ain mis Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - as the topic came up at Friday’s meetup, I can confirm that meetups will indeed be continuing over the summer months

By the way (Gyda llaw), this Friday marks the 76th anniversary of the founding of the :hospital: NHS/GIG (Gwasanaeth Iechyd Genedlaethol) :hospital: - one possible topic of conversation amongst all the many others we find to talk about at our meetups! :slightly_smiling_face:

• 13:00 Tuesday 2nd July/ dydd Mawrth 2fed mis Gorffenaf ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 5th July / dydd Gwener 5ed mis Gorffenaf ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - first, apologies for my ‘radio silence’ over the last couple of weeks - I was away enjoying a course at Nant Gwrtheyrn.

Just for this week, there’s a change to the usual pattern of meetups. As usual, there’ll be a meetup in Abingdon on Tuesday. On Friday, however we’re having an ‘away day’ n Marlow, meeting up at 12:00 by Burgers the baker (where Station Rd joins the High Street - see map below) where we’ll decide which :coffee: cafe :coffee: to go to :slightly_smiling_face:

• 13:00 Tuesday 23rd July/ dydd Mawrth 23ain mis Gorffenaf ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )

• 12:00 Friday 26th July / dydd Gwener 26ain mis Gorffenaf ( ‘NB Different venue! Outside Burgers the baker in Marlow, SL7 1NF)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

1 Like

PS For @ken-burch and anyone else coming by car tomorrow (Fri 26th) Jane has kindly suggested places to park in Marlow with the nearest car park to where we are meeting being Higginson Park/Pound Lane. SL7 1AW

There’s also parking at:

• Institute Road SL7 1BN
  • Liston Road SL7 1FD
  • Marlow Central (behind Sainsbury’s) in Riley Road SL7 2NL
  • West Street SL7 2LS
1 Like