Oxford Welsh learners group

Helo bawb - just to confirm that we’ll be sticking with our current meetup schedule for the rest of the month, at least (not too late, though, to suggest changes for the weeks after that :slightly_smiling_face: ), so for this week:

• 12:00 Tuesday 12th September / dydd Mawrth 12eg mis Medi ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 15th September / dydd Gwener 15fed mis Medi ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

… and same days and times for the rest of September

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

A reprise of Mark Davies’s talk on Oxford’s Welsh connections, Wednesday 20 September, £3: https://littlemorelocalhistorysociety.wordpress.com/

1 Like

Bother. I’m required to be at a College open day in Witney. :frowning:

Celtic Research Seminar Poster v2.pdf (220.6 KB)

This term’s Celtic seminars, with several talks of Welsh interest

2 Likes

Just seen this in the thread on gigs… No mention of it on the café’s website, but I’ve emailed to ask for more details. Welsh Gigs - DATES AND LOCATIONS! 🎸 - #350 by robbruce

I asked the café: Doors are at 7.30pm and tickets can be bought here WeGotTickets | Simple, honest ticketing | Divine Schism: HMS Morris + Sassyhiya + Lucy Leave + Sksie
It’s on Little Clarendon St.

4 Likes

That seems to be the London show - here’s the link to buy tickets for Oxford (Friday 20 October):

1 Like

… and the next day (Saturday 21 October) you can hear the Oxford Welsh Male Voice Choir at the Sheldonian!

1 Like

Oh dear… that’s the link the Common Ground Café guy sent me!

1 Like

Helo bawb - back now from :canada: with apologies for my ‘radio silence’. Here’s the info about this week’s meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 10th October / dydd Mawrth 10fed mis Hydref ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 13th October / dydd Gwener 13eg mis Hydref ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

All welcome, as always, especially newcomers - do get in touch if you’ve any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - head to https://en.forum.saysomethingin.com/t/oxford-walks/7540/671 for info about a walk+sgwrs on Sunday 29th Oct :walking_woman: :walking_man: :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl
John

Helo bawb - here are the meetup details for this week:

• 12:00 Tuesday 17th October / dydd Mawrth 17eg mis Hydref ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 20th October / dydd Gwener 20fed mis Hydref ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Also, don’t forget we have a walk+sgwrs on Sunday 29th Oct:walking_woman::walking_man: For the details head to the Oxford walks thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - it’s the last week of British Summer Time this week, although summer itself sadly feels long gone. Why not put that all out of your mind, though, & join us for one of this week’s meetups? :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 24th October / dydd Mawrth 24ain mis Hydref ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 27th October / dydd Gwener 27ain mis Hydref ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Also, today’s walk+sgwrs:walking_woman::walking_man: has been postponed until next weekend. Keep an eye on the Oxford walks thread for details :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Hope you all enjoyed the male voice choir on Saturday! More Welsh-language music in Oxford next month with a triple harpist playing songs from the collections in the Llyfrgell Genedlaethol:

Cerys Hafana, Thursday 23 November, Common Ground

2 Likes

I know Cerys Havana very well since she was a young girl. If you intend going tell her that I said helo, she’ll be more than pleased to speak welsh to you @owen-mcknight :grinning:

2 Likes
1 Like

@Betterlatethan i just got very excited. Is this you? My mum is staying this week and she is reading “Gêm Beryglus”

2 Likes

Yes, that’s me. Before the first books in the series were published, there was an invitation on the forum for people to apply to review a book online before it appeared in print. I applied, and I reviewed this one. I am ridiculously proud of having my review printed on the back.
Sue

4 Likes

Blockquote

And so you should be Sue. It’s so cool!

1 Like