Oxford Welsh learners group

Sorry to hear that Nigel. Hope you recover quickly and look forward to seeing you when you are better.

Oh, bad luck, Nigel - hope you’ll be soon on the mend

Helo bawb - a quick confirmation of this week’s meetups in Abingdon and Central Oxford

• 13:00 Tuesday 11th June/ dydd Mawrth 11eg mis Mehefin ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 14th June / dydd Gwener 14eg mis Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

1 Like

See you at the Riverside Café, if anyone else is going. Otherwise, I have a book and a magazine!

1 Like

Helo bawb - on Thursday night it’s the time for dancing, merriment & lighting of bonfires to celebrate Gŵyl Ifan Ganol Haf/Alban Hefin, the summer solstice. What better way to prepare than coming to our Abingdon meetup on Tuesday or to wind down by joiing us in the Weston Library on Thursday :slightly_smiling_face:

• 13:00 Tuesday 18th June/ dydd Mawrth 18eg mis Mehefin ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 21st June / dydd Gwener 21ain mis Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

I am back from Abertawe and hope to be at the meetups on Tuesday and on Friday.
Sue

1 Like

Helo bawb - just to confirm this week’s meetups. Newcomers at all levels welcome - do please get in touch if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

• 13:00 Tuesday 25th June/ dydd Mawrth 25ain mis Mehefin ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 28th June / dydd Gwener 28ain mis Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - as the topic came up at Friday’s meetup, I can confirm that meetups will indeed be continuing over the summer months

By the way (Gyda llaw), this Friday marks the 76th anniversary of the founding of the :hospital: NHS/GIG (Gwasanaeth Iechyd Genedlaethol) :hospital: - one possible topic of conversation amongst all the many others we find to talk about at our meetups! :slightly_smiling_face:

• 13:00 Tuesday 2nd July/ dydd Mawrth 2fed mis Gorffenaf ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 5th July / dydd Gwener 5ed mis Gorffenaf ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - first, apologies for my ‘radio silence’ over the last couple of weeks - I was away enjoying a course at Nant Gwrtheyrn.

Just for this week, there’s a change to the usual pattern of meetups. As usual, there’ll be a meetup in Abingdon on Tuesday. On Friday, however we’re having an ‘away day’ n Marlow, meeting up at 12:00 by Burgers the baker (where Station Rd joins the High Street - see map below) where we’ll decide which :coffee: cafe :coffee: to go to :slightly_smiling_face:

• 13:00 Tuesday 23rd July/ dydd Mawrth 23ain mis Gorffenaf ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )

• 12:00 Friday 26th July / dydd Gwener 26ain mis Gorffenaf ( ‘NB Different venue! Outside Burgers the baker in Marlow, SL7 1NF)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

1 Like

PS For @ken-burch and anyone else coming by car tomorrow (Fri 26th) Jane has kindly suggested places to park in Marlow with the nearest car park to where we are meeting being Higginson Park/Pound Lane. SL7 1AW

There’s also parking at:

• Institute Road SL7 1BN
  • Liston Road SL7 1FD
  • Marlow Central (behind Sainsbury’s) in Riley Road SL7 2NL
  • West Street SL7 2LS
1 Like

Helo bawb - back to the usual pattern this week after our ‘awayday’ in Marlow last Friday (a diolch i @jane-b for the suggestion and giving us a guided tour of the town :slightly_smiling_face: ):

• 13:00 Tuesday 30th July/ dydd Mawrth 30ain mis Gorffenaf ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 2nd August / dydd Gwener 2fed mis Awst ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

By the way, the regular meetups will be continuing over the summer although, with people on holiday, we may be a bit thin on the ground.

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

1 Like

Helo bawb - back now from a great week (despite two soakings :cloud_with_rain:) at the 2024 Eisteddfod in Pontypridd and looking forward to 2025 in Wrecsam. This week, as usual, we’ll be having two meetups:

• 13:00 Tuesday 13th August/ dydd Mawrth 13eg mis Awst ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 16th August / dydd Gwener 16eg mis Awst ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

As noted previously, our regular meetups will be continuing over the summer although, with people on holiday, we may be a bit thin on the ground.

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - this week we’ll be having the usual Oxford & Abingdon meetups. As always, all welcome no matter what your level of Welsh, even if you’ve only just started learning or, indeed, even if your first language is Welsh. Do get in touch if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face: :

• 13:00 Tuesday 20th August/ dydd Mawrth 20fed mis Awst ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 23rd August / dydd Gwener 23ain mis Awst ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Hi Everyone, Special reference to Chris - so I hope you read this. I was intending to be at the Riverside on Tuesday but now have to go down to Chichester for the day. May be able to get to the Weston Library on Friday. Hope to see you sometime. Ken.

1 Like

Hi Ken - would Friday 30th Aug (or perhaps Tues 27th) be a good day to meet up Thame?
Hwyl,
John

Hi John, just back from Chichester and spotted your message. Ordinarily those dates would be good but I’m flying over to Co Cork to visit my son and his family. I don’t get back until Sept 3rd at the earliest. Perhaps later in September? Ken.

1 Like

Diolch, Ken - dim problem, let’s try and sort something out for a bit later on, then :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

Helo bawb - Bank Holiday week and hopefully those of you who are having a week’s break will get to enjoy some decent weather (unlike yesterday here in Oxford :cloud_with_rain::slightly_frowning_face: ). Meanwhile we’ll still be having our usual Oxford & Abingdon meetups. Should you be visiting over the break, do get in touch - you’d be very welcome to join us :slightly_smiling_face: :

• 13:00 Tuesday 27th August/ dydd Mawrth 27ain mis Awst ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 30th August / dydd Gwener 30ain mis Awst ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - first week in September/mis Medi this week and the weather’s already looking a bit autumnal/hydrefol but, hopefully, we’ll get to enjoy an indian summer/haf bach Mihangel later in the month :sunny: :crossed_fingers: In the meantime, this week’s meetups are:

• 13:00 Tuesday 3rd September/ dydd Mawrth 3edd mis Medi ( Riverside Cafe , Nag’s Head Island, Abingdon, OX14 3HX - see map in previous post )
  • 12:00 Friday 6th September / dydd Gwener 6ed mis Medi ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Hi John,

I’ve posted you a note on the Facebook page about meeting in Thame. Let me know if you think it will be OK and I’ll send you more details for the group. If you prefer, my email address is kenburch2@gmail.com

Pob Hwyl

1 Like