Oxford Welsh learners group

… and the next day (Saturday 21 October) you can hear the Oxford Welsh Male Voice Choir at the Sheldonian!

1 Like

Oh dear… that’s the link the Common Ground Café guy sent me!

1 Like

Helo bawb - back now from :canada: with apologies for my ‘radio silence’. Here’s the info about this week’s meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 10th October / dydd Mawrth 10fed mis Hydref ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 13th October / dydd Gwener 13eg mis Hydref ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

All welcome, as always, especially newcomers - do get in touch if you’ve any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - head to https://en.forum.saysomethingin.com/t/oxford-walks/7540/671 for info about a walk+sgwrs on Sunday 29th Oct :walking_woman: :walking_man: :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl
John

Helo bawb - here are the meetup details for this week:

• 12:00 Tuesday 17th October / dydd Mawrth 17eg mis Hydref ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 20th October / dydd Gwener 20fed mis Hydref ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Also, don’t forget we have a walk+sgwrs on Sunday 29th Oct:walking_woman::walking_man: For the details head to the Oxford walks thread :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - it’s the last week of British Summer Time this week, although summer itself sadly feels long gone. Why not put that all out of your mind, though, & join us for one of this week’s meetups? :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 24th October / dydd Mawrth 24ain mis Hydref ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 27th October / dydd Gwener 27ain mis Hydref ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Also, today’s walk+sgwrs:walking_woman::walking_man: has been postponed until next weekend. Keep an eye on the Oxford walks thread for details :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Hope you all enjoyed the male voice choir on Saturday! More Welsh-language music in Oxford next month with a triple harpist playing songs from the collections in the Llyfrgell Genedlaethol:

Cerys Hafana, Thursday 23 November, Common Ground

2 Likes

I know Cerys Havana very well since she was a young girl. If you intend going tell her that I said helo, she’ll be more than pleased to speak welsh to you @owen-mcknight :grinning:

2 Likes
1 Like

@Betterlatethan i just got very excited. Is this you? My mum is staying this week and she is reading “Gêm Beryglus”

2 Likes

Yes, that’s me. Before the first books in the series were published, there was an invitation on the forum for people to apply to review a book online before it appeared in print. I applied, and I reviewed this one. I am ridiculously proud of having my review printed on the back.
Sue

4 Likes

Blockquote

And so you should be Sue. It’s so cool!

1 Like

Helo bawb - Tuesday this week is :ghost: Hallowe’en/nos Galan Gaeaf :ghost: - if you’re not engaged in making picau rhanna (Hallowe’en dole-cakes/soul-cakes) or fleeing the :pig: hwch ddu gwta:pig: (tailless black sow said to chase people on Hallowe’en) why not join us for the lunchtime Zoom meetup (or on Friday, of course) :slightly_smiling_face: :

• 12:00 Tuesday 31st October / dydd Mawrth 31ain mis Hydref ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 3rd November/ dydd Gwener 3edd mis Tachwedd ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

1 Like

Helo bawb - looking ahead we’ll be having two contemporary Welsh harpists/telynoresau performing soon in Oxford: first, at 7:30pm on Friday 17th November Catrin Finch will be performing in the Sheldonian Theatre and the following week, at 7:30pm on Thurs 23rd November, Cerys Hafana will be performing in Common Ground - both something to look forward to!

Meanwhile, this week, we’re continuing with our Tuesday & Friday meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 7th November/ dydd Mawrth 7fed mis Tachwedd ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 10th November/ dydd Gwener 10fed mis Tachwedd ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Newcomers especially welcome! Do get in touch if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - first a quick reminder…

This week, meetups as usual on Tuesday & Friday:

• 12:00 Tuesday 14th November/ dydd Mawrth 14eg mis Tachwedd ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 17th November/ dydd Gwener 17eg mis Tachwedd ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

All welcome, as always! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Ooh, I’ve seen Cerys Hafana perform a couple of times recently - once at Tafŵyl and then in the Lleisiau Eraill festival in Aberteifi. She’s absolutely wonderful! Very highly recommended…

1 Like

Helo bawb - it seems to be Welsh harp fortnight here in Oxford with Cerys Hafana playing in Common Ground this Thursday, 23rd following last Friday’s great Sheldonian Theatre gig from Catrin Finch:

Meanwhile we continue this week with our usual meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 21st November/ dydd Mawrth 21ain mis Tachwedd ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 24th November/ dydd Gwener 24ain mis Tachwedd ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

New faces particularly welcome - do get in touch if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Just to say that I did get a ticket for this - I’ll probably get a bagel in G&D’s and then go in early doors. I don’t know Harry’s username on here to @ him, but if you’re reading this, I’ll see you there! @nia.llywelyn - mi wna i ddweud helo, os ga i gyfle :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s @harry-morgan