Oxford Welsh learners group

Helo bawb - May Day/Calan Mai tomorrow and continuing the usual pattern of meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 2nd May / dydd Mawrth 2fed Mai ( via Zoom -get in touch for login details if you’d like to join us )
  • 12:00 Friday 5th May/ dydd Gwener 5ed Mai ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe. The coffee table area’s reserved for SSiW and there’s likely to be a notice confirming this, don’t worry though if you can’t see it)

Newcomers welcome, as always! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Apologies in advance that I shall have to miss tomorrow’s meeting. A work thing I can’t escape from. Ond dwi wedi bod yn darllen cylchgrawn “Lingo newydd” - ac yn ceisio y llyfrau cymraeg.

Gobeithio gweld chi gyd wythnos nesa. Robin

3 Likes

Diolch i roi gwybod i ni, Robin - tan wythnos nesa, felly
Hwyl
John

Helo bawb - hope you enjoyed, or managed to avoid, Saturday’s Coronation celebrations according to your taste. This week, as usual, our meetups will be:

• 12:00 Tuesday 9th May / dydd Mawrth 9fed Mai ( via Zoom -get in touch for login details if you’d like to join us )
  • 12:00 Friday 12th May/ dydd Gwener 12fed Mai ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe. The coffee table area’s reserved for SSiW and there’s likely to be a notice confirming this, don’t worry though if you can’t see it)

Do please let me know if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - Happy International Dylan Thomas Day! :slightly_smiling_face:
Be that as it may, there’s no change to the usual meetup details, apart from the possibility that on Friday we might be using the round table not the coffee table area (see below):

• 12:00 Tuesday 16th May / dydd Mawrth 16eg Mai ( via Zoom -get in touch for login details if you’d like to join us )
  • 12:00 Friday 19th May/ dydd Gwener 19eg Mai ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe. NB This last Friday we were allocated the round table adjacent to the coffee table as a poetry group had been allocated the coffee table area. I’m checking if this will be the regular arrangement but, in the meantime, do keep in mind that possibility )

Get in touch if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Hello everyone! I’ve been busy the last few months and I’m not sure when I’ll next be able to join you, but I’m grateful the meetups and walks are still taking place. In the meantime, I wanted to share this mural that appeared in East Oxford a couple of months ago to celebrate Florence Park as ‘Little Wales’ (created by @thebigorangem):

You can find it outside Larkrise Primary School on Boundary Brook Road.

4 Likes

I stopped to take a picture today, too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What a wonderful draig goch!

1 Like

Helo bawb - we were pleased to welcome two newcomers, our third Jane and also Joe, to last week’s meetup. Also, it’s now been confirmed that the poetry group overlapping our Friday slot the week before last will be meeting now on a different day, so we can keep to the usual timing:

• 12:00 Tuesday 23rd May / dydd Mawrth 23ain Mai ( via Zoom - get in touch for login details if you’d like to join us )
  • 12:00 Friday 26th May/ dydd Gwener 26ain Mai ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Newcomers welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - June arrives this week and with it Eisteddfod Yr Urdd in Llanymddyfri, Sir Gaerfyrddin/Sir Gâr / Llandovery, Carmarthenshire. Same schedule as usual for our meetups this week, though:

• 12:00 Tuesday 30th May / dydd Mawrth 30ain Mai ( via Zoom - get in touch for login details if you’d like to join us )
  • 12:00 Friday 2nd June / dydd Gwener 2fed Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Get in touch if you have any questions and, as always, newcomers welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - good to hear a few days ago that we’ll soon be able to welcome another newcomer who’ll be moving to the Oxford area from Wales. Meanwhile, it’s the same pattern as usual for this week’s meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 6th June / dydd Mawrth 6ed Mehefin ( via Zoom - get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 9th June / dydd Gwener 9fed Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Do let me know if you’ve any comments or suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - it’s dydd Gwenllian tomorrow (Monday 12th). The following day, as usual, will be our Zoom meetup via Zoom, with the usual face to face meetup on Friday - here are the details:

• 12:00 Tuesday 13th June / dydd Mawrth 13eg Mehefin ( via Zoom - get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 16th June / dydd Gwener 16eg Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

As always, newcomers welcome as are any comments or suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - our little group in Oxford with a new face, Rachel, joining us for last Friday’s meetup. :slightly_smiling_face: Same details as usual for this week’s sessions:

• 12:00 Tuesday 20th June / dydd Mawrth 20fed Mehefin ( via Zoom - get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 23rd June / dydd Gwener 23ain Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Do get in touch if you have any comments or suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - midsummer’s day has flown past. the last week in June already and school holidays fast approaching. We’ll be continuing our regular meetups over the summer, by the way, although we may be a bit thin on the ground. For this week, then:

• 12:00 Tuesday 27th June / dydd Mawrth 27ain Mehefin ( via Zoom - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 30th June / dydd Gwener 30ain Mehefin ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Do get in touch if you have any questions - as always, newcomers welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John
PS Apologies to Rachael for misspelling her name last week! :roll_eyes:

Helo bawb - Just to confirm this week’s meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 4th July / dydd Mawrth 4edd Gorffenaf ( via Zoom - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 7th July / dydd Gwener 7fed Gorffenaf ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

As always, new faces welcome! Do get in touch if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - no changes to our meetup schedule for this week:

• 12:00 Tuesday 11th July / dydd Mawrth 11eg Gorffenaf ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 14th July / dydd Gwener 14eg Gorffenaf ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Do let me know (here or via PM) if you have any questions, comments or suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - last week of school term here in Oxford & only 3 weeks to go now to the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2023 Llŷn ac Eifionydd - some of are planning to be there and hoping to meet up with friends old and new. Meanwhile Oxford group meetups will be continuing through the summer - if you’re planning to visit Oxford over the holidays you’d be very welcome to come along to one of them. This week’s meetups are:

• 12:00 Tuesday 18th July / dydd Mawrth 18fed Gorffenaf ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 21st July / dydd Gwener 21ain Gorffenaf ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

All welcome, as always! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Gwyliau haf hapus pawb :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Helo bawb - first week of school holidays in Oxfordshire, and although some of us may be away we’re planning to continue with regular meetups over the summer: Don’t forget, should you be visiting Oxford over the holidays you’d be very welcome to join one of our Friday meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 25th July / dydd Mawrth 25ain Gorffenaf ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )

• 12:00 Friday 28th July / dydd Gwener 28ain Gorffenaf ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

Newcomers & new learners especially welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff

John

PS Diolch @ruth-connor :grinning:

PPS Don’t forget it’s the Royal Welsh Show this week - a great opportunity to practise a bit of Welsh, especially if you might be planning to visit the National Eisteddfod in a fortnight’s time

1 Like

Helo bawb - gorffen Gorffennaf (end of July) already but although some of us will be away we’ll be continuing with our weekly meetups throughout the summer. Also, to repeat last week’s message, should any of you be visiting Oxford over the holidays you’d be very welcome to join one of our Friday meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 1st August / dydd Mawrth 1af mis Awst ( via image - do get in touch for login details if you’d like to join in )
  • 12:00 Friday 4th August/ dydd Gwener 4edd mis Awst ( ‘Space for Reading’, Weston Library, Broad Street, Oxford - inside entrance hall to the right, next to windows & opp. side from the excellent cafe)

All welcome, as always - do get in touch here or via PM if you have any questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl a chadw’n saff

John