Our upcoming 6MWS first graduates

I was speaking with someone yesterday who is currently doing Week 20 of the 6 Month Course, which got me thinking - surely any week soon we are going to get our first “graduates” of the 6 Month Course.

When did the first guys starts? How far away are we from a course finisher?

1 Like

The vanguard are currently on Week 21, so in 5 weeks we’ll have our first graduates! The Eisteddfod is looking good for a celebration :slight_smile:

3 Likes

…the cap awaits you Week 21’ers!

4 Likes

Still trying to think of a suitable way to celebrate (apart from: finish the promised follow-on course in time for them :scream: ).

Week 26: “Synchronised champagne/wine/beer/coffee” opening at the end of that weeks hangouts. Followed by a speech from yourself, and if he’s available - someone like Bryn Fon or Huw Edwards.

2 Likes

Who was it I heard on the radio yesterday morning in Wrecsam at the Ras yr Iaith start? I was very impressed indeed! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent!

Based on my chat with him last night this is likely to be 6 Month Mark!!! Unfortunately I didn’t know his username here!

@robbruce @Nicky…that’ll be me then!! Mark Jones.
I’m on week 20 of the 6 months course.

5 Likes

WHAAAAT!?!?! I didn’t know you were “Gog”, and you were “Mark” from WSP!!!

I’ve been speaking to you for about 6 weeks as two different people :smiley:

hahahahahahaha.

3 Likes

Split personality!

2 Likes

I’m on week 21.
I want an honorary Welsh name to celebrate my success, a translation of Darthcider, at the very least, please.

2 Likes

Any improvements from anyone on SeidrDarth?

2 Likes

Seidr darodd or Darodd y seidr - what happened after pint number 4,5 or 6 - probably should be tarodd, but i’ve no idea on mutations.

1 Like

darth apparently is a derivation of dark, and a poetic word for dark in Welsh is caddugol, so my offering is SeidrCaddugol :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Afalwin is a more poetic sounding word for cider in my eyes, so maybe Afalwin Caddugol - sounds like a character from the Mabinogi?

3 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions, do any of them retain the play on words between Star Wars and my favourite tipple, or would I end up with a name that made people think of a can of that revolting purple cider drink?

Wel wel, Gog/Mark! Now I know you’re on WSP, I’ll wait for you to get in touch, if you want the address of my house and where to find the key during your epic bike ride…

2 Likes

Hi Bronwen,
I’ll be doing some more detailed planning this week but I definitely would still like to take you up on your kind offer.

I’ll be in touch with you through Slack and I will dig that melodian out too!!

2 Likes